Rant: my neighbors are so irresponsible!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by hughes_collector, May 7, 2009.

1. hughes_collector

hughes_collector Registered Member

I live in a 4-plex apartment building that *doesn't allow* pets. At least that's what it says in the lease that you have to agree to. But the owner/landlord has been very lenient on that rule, and now everyone in this place except me has at least one dog.

It started with the couple above me. They came here with a little dog. Now they have something like eight! But that is not my rant...

Today she came down here to borrow some petroleum jelly because, she informed me, one of her female dogs is about to give birth and is having trouble. She said her only male got the female pregnant. The reason she's having so much trouble is because the female is a Chihuahua (spelling?) and the male is quite a bit larger! :-o

What in the world is wrong with these people?! They have EIGHT dogs already, and they're not even FIXED??? What are they going to do with the puppies?

These people are on food stamps, have a one-year-old baby and another on the way. Her boyfriend isn't working, and she can't because of the baby and her pregnancy. They have very little money and are constantly borrowing things. I'm OK with that, but how can they afford to feed eight dogs plus a litter of puppies when they can barely feed themselves?! :banghead:

I just don't understand some people.

2. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

They'll give the puppies away more than likely.

3. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

That does indeed sound like a nightmare mate, you have my sympothy I cant imagine having all those damn dogs living close to me, there must be a terrible noise.

Regarding the puppies im sure they will sell them on and make some money, but it is verry irresponsible not to have the dogs fixed.

4. hughes_collector

They'll more than likely end up at the pound, because there are just way more dogs and cats than there are people to give them homes. So sad! :(

I'm worried too about the poor mother...she's having trouble giving birth! Good grief, I just can't believe this.

As for the noise, most of the time it's not all that bad. But I can hear the dogs running around above me, and when they take them outside they tend to yap a lot.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

well this is gonna sound like I don't give a crap but I do so here goes.

Having 8 dogs in an apartment isn't something the SPCA recommends and I'm betting if you call them to inform of this they will happily stop by the peoples apartment and inform them of this issue and give them the option to sign over some of them and also help inform them about the need to spay/neuter the animals properly.

6. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

Its a shame they will most prob going to end in the pound that is a shame, hopefully they will learn from this mistake and get the dogs fixed. It is really the only thing they can do unless they get rid of the dogs alltogether, but I cant see dog lovers getting rid of the dogs.

Have you thought about complaing to the landlord? Maybe he could sort something out.

I do think it is crazy for the pregnent woman to have all this to deal with aswell as the pending birth. Also how safe are these dogs going to be around the baby?

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought my neighbor was pretty bad when she had 1, and then kept all 4 when that dog had puppies. They never got their shots or anything, because she couldn't afford it. She also didn't take the time to house train them, so her apartment was absolutely filled with excrement. It was so gross.

8. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

That is absoulutly disgusting I cant believe some people can even live with dog turd in thier place. I think it is disgusting that next to our current house (were moving in 6 days) there is a lane and a man who lives 3 doors up likes to take his dog in the lane for his terf out. There is dog turd everywhere and its very annoying as out back gate opens into the lane. My wife has complained to the council many times about him as the young children who live around atound the area play in the lane, including our little boy. The council have issued a letter to him and know they send a road sweeper up the lane to clean it now :thumbup: but that idiot still takes his dog down there :thumbdown:

9. hughes_collector

This situation is ridiculous. As far as keeping their place clean, so far they seem to manage fine. I just can't imagine how, with all those dogs running around everywhere. And yeah, the new baby. The dogs will probably be jumping all over it! Talk about an 'animal house'!

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

8 dogs? That's ridiculous. What really upsets me is these people can't take care of themselves yet have 8 dogs....what a system we have.