• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rank the Dudley Boys

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Dudley Boys/Team 3D have won more tag team championships then any team in the history of pro wrestling.

So where do you rank them? Are they number one? Number two? If there is a team in front of them who would that be?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I would rank the Road Warriors first just due to there chemistry that they had in the ring, and how each one of them worked there hearts out in the ring. The Dudley's come to a close second obvisiouly. Both teams have great chemistry. One thing that the Dudley's have that is better than the Road Warriors are there mic skills. The Dudley's take the cake there.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess you could argue in putting them in top five, I wouldn't put him near the top since I believe Hart Foundation, Road Warriors and Demolotion were a better tag team. But I'll give them credit, they had good chemistry together. They knew how to entertain the fans, they should be able to make the Hall of Fame one day.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't put them at number one either. I honestly don't know where I'd put them. They have tenure and that's saying something. Demolition and the Hart Foundation didn't last as long as a team together as the Dudleys have. One was because they wanted to push Bret and the other was because of injury and the signing of LOD. I would definitely put the Legion of Doom ahead of the Dudleys.

I'd have they are probably in the top 5 but it would take me a while to come up with a list.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
My list of top ten tags goes something like this:

Hart Foundation
LOD
Kane/Taker
British Bulldogs
APA
Hardys
Dudleys
Trips/Shawn
Steiners
New Age Outlaws

I've always liked the Dudleys, but the act hasn't improved or changed much over the years. If anything, it's watered down now and they're riding on their hardcore reputation. The only time you could have heard me say that they might be the best team ever would have been around 1999.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just wondering why you didn't put these guys in your top ten Tucker?

-Midnight Express
-The Rockers
-The Free Birds

All in all I do like your list, I would put The British Bulldogs over Kane/Taker and I would move up The Steiner Brothers.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm not sure about the totals on my list, but chances are that it would have LoD at the top and the Dudleys at number two...the Dudleys have had that longevity and the titles to their credit, but something about the LoD's innovation and status makes them deserve number 1 in my book. I'm a big fan of a lot of teams mentioned, but these two are probably at the top.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Just wondering why you didn't put these guys in your top ten Tucker?

-Midnight Express
-The Rockers
-The Free Birds

All in all I do like your list, I would put The British Bulldogs over Kane/Taker and I would move up The Steiner Brothers.

The Rocker were a great tag team, but they never 'officially' won the tag team titles during there tenure in the WWE. They were very talented in AWA and took tag team wrestling to a new level. I would now like to change my rankings:

1. Road Warriors
2. The Rockers
3. The Dudleys

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know The Dudley Boys won the most Tag Team titles and they've been together for a long time, but I just can't see them being in the top three, especially when The Hart Foundation isn't in there(no offense GB)

Don't get me wrong, they were talented and like I said you could make an argument in putting them in the top five, but top three is pushing it somewhat.

But in the end, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think I'd put the Hart Foundation in the top 3 either. They were a fine team...top 10 for sure. I'd probably have LOD, Demolition and the Dudleyz in the top three but you cannot ignore the Hardys or Edge and Christian either.

It's tough...there's a lot of personal preference that goes into this.