Movies Rank Steve Martin as a comedian

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by StroShow, Mar 9, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm pretty sure everyone finds Steve Martin funny...if not you have a serious problem or haven't seen any of his work lol. I was wondering where do you rank him as a comedian in you favorite top list?

Discuss

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I must have something wrong with me. Because I dont find Steve Martin Funny.

He's somewhere among the ranks of Tim Allen, Jay Leno, and Gallagher.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

He's ok, can be funny at times but mostly pretty lame. I never watch the Oscars (speaking of lame) but if this year I was inclined to watch it just seeing the Steve Martin/Alec Baldwin commercials reminded me of one of the reasons I don't watch.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I don't find him all that funny either.

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I find him hilarious...he and Martin Short will always be classic in my book. I don't know about placing a number next to his name, though, because I usually rank based on the latest comics I'm enjoying.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I love Steve Martin I think he's hilarious, and the amazing thing is that it comes so natural for him. His stand up was hilarious, and he's made some great movies the best one being Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

He also did an amazing job as the host of the Oscars in the past.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Planes, Trains and Automobiles makes me think of John Candy and how funny that guy was.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Can the people who said who didn't find Steve Martin funny name me a few comedian actors your a fan of. I just want to see what type of taste you guys have and see how I think they compare to Steve Martin.

As for the question at hand, I think Steve Martin is one of the funniest actors of my generation. Comedy comes easy to him and he as countless funny moments in his movies. I definitely have him in my top 5.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I have to say he was really funny in The Three Amigos and I really like him in Father of the Bride.

As far as funny actors I'd go with Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Jason Segel, Paul Ruud, Sean William Scott, Vince Vaughn Rainn Wilson and Steve Carell. I also love Chevy Chase.

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

John Candy and Chris Farley immediately come to mind. Compared to Martin? They're just funnier than him in my opinion.
    ------
    As far as this past decade goes - Mike Myers, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Paul Ruud, Seth Rogen all end up on the top of my list.

And you can never forget about Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder - who weren't as close as everyone thought, but still made some great movies.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
    CaptainObvious likes this.