Rangers drop Jagr's '08-'09 option

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by DirtDog, Nov 28, 2007.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/28491

Jaromir Jagr's contract no longer contains a team option for next season, meaning that the current agreement under which he would earn $8.36M for 2008-09 will be extended only if he hits the performance triggers included in the deal, The Post has learned. That means that unless Jagr scores 40 goals or records 84 points while the Rangers win a playoff round in April, or unless he wins the Hart Trophy, Art Ross Trophy or Conn Smythe Trophy, a) No. 68 will be eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1; and, b) beginning next season the Blueshirts will no longer be entitled to any cap discount on their captain.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Its hard to say if he's going to come back to the Rangers after his contract his expired. I am sure there's going to be a lot of teams that will be interested in him, and i am sure that whatever offers he gets will be good ones, because he's one of the best players in the NHL. I still believe that he has some good hockey left in him. Come on Canadiens sign him :)

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Jagrs mentioned retiring after his contract expires. Hes realized that he's getting older and the shoulder injury a few years back didn't help. I'd like to see him retire a Blueshirt but if not maybe he'll return to the Penguins and go out with the team hes most remembered for.