Randy Orton not getting suspended

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Darksyde, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Darksyde

Darksyde Registered Member

Source: Pro Wrestling Torch

According to Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch, Randy Orton will not be suspended by WWE despite his name turning up as a client for the corrupt Signature Pharmacy online firm. Things do indeed appear to be in Orton's favor considering that he appeared at last night's Raw house show whereas the other wrestlers listed as being clients of Signature Pharmacy didn't.

WWE is telling people that Orton fessed up to his dealings with Signature Pharmacy a few months ago, and somehow "already did his time." Most of the guys in the locker room are not buying it at all and see this as WWE trying to get out of losing him right now when they need him in his high-profile storyline with John Cena.

Sports Illustrated reported on Thursday night that Orton received Somatropin (HGH), Nandrolone (anabolic steroid) and Stanozolol (anabolic steroid) through Signature Pharmacy from September 2004 until the firm was busted in February 2007. Stanozolol and Nandrolone are anabolic steroids. As noted several times before, buying steroids and other drugs through the Internet is prohibited by the WWE Wellness Policy and should result in a suspension. In Orton's case, it would have been his second offense, which would have called for a 60-day suspension.

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt noted on Friday night that only one of the eleven wrestlers suspended is a two-time WWE Wellness Policy offender. Out of the fourteen WWE wrestlers listed as being clients of Signature Pharmacy, only Orton and Masters have previous Wellness Policy violations under their belt. Considering that Orton appears to be safe, it looks like Masters is the mysterious second-time offender. Masters didn't appear at last night's SmackDown taping. At last Tuesday's SmackDown taping, it looked he was starting a program with Chuck Palumbo after he chickened out of doing a Masterlock Challenge with him.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Thank God.

We need Orton on RAW now to spice things up and hopefully take the title away from John Cena. While Orton might have had some trouble before I think that now he is doing better and getting back on the right course.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Finally, a sign of relief. I am glad that he didn't do his time. Because I want to see him defeat John Cena at the Unforgiven. Oh man, I am so happy. I don't like Orton, he is a total asshole, a badass as well, but we always need someone to beat John Cena and strip him of the goddamn title, and Orton deserves to win this because I know he is going to try his hardest to not lose it to Triple H or someone else he has a feud with.

4. andrew_bishop

More then likely HHH but hopefully if he wins , The WWE will give him a longer title reign then he had last time with the World Title.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I am thankful for this as well. I think it's time to give ORton the belt, see what he can do it with it, and then take it off him in time for Cena/HHH II at Wrestlemania.

6. andrew_bishop

That's likely what the match will be. It's a no brainer that Cena will be back in the title hunt within the next few months so why the hell can't we let Orton get the title now and then have him fued with HHH and then HHH win the title and then like was already said have HHH vs Cena II at Mania. I can't see why Vince would not do that.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

yeah and it also gives Vince a chance to see what Orton can do with the title. ONly other time he won it, he stupidly made Orton a face and had to take the title off of him. Orton has been AWESOME lately...this is his time.

8. andrew_bishop

Yeah the first time Orton had the title it was a real farce because they gave him a push way to fast. Now he has the experience he needs to go far with the title and be able to hold it longer and make some money off it as well.