• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Randy Carlyle fired

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Maple Leafs just announced that they have fired Randy Carlyle. Not all that surprising after their recent struggles. I do wonder who they'll replace him with. Lots of good coaches available.

I would LOVE if Torterella was the new head coach of the Leafs.

VJ_Sportsgeek

I hate how a coach has to pay for the players' moronic attitudes. Randy would have succeeded in Toronto if he was given the proper player. Instead, we have immature guys who get offended to a point where they don't even salute the crowd. In terms of replacements, Torts and the Toronto media would just be hilarious. Though, I'd say the right coach for Toronto would be someone out of the blue. IN other words, a guy like Dwane Casey was with the Raptors. He was a defensive-minded assistant on Dallas, and that's the type of coach TO should go after

They're so gonna be praying for Mike Babcock not to return to Detroit. You can bet all of your bank account that he's the guy they're going after.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
EdgeHead said:
They're so gonna be praying for Mike Babcock not to return to Detroit. You can bet all of your bank account that he's the guy they're going after.
And, I wouldn't be surprised if he took it. Yes, he has it pretty good in Detroit right now, and I'm sure dealing with the Toronto media is a turn-off because most of them are a bunch of morons. That said, I think he needs a new challenge, and what better challenge than coaching the Maple Leafs. Also, I do believe him and Shanahan are pretty close friends.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
OlTimeBaseball Baseball 0
StroShow Baseball 1
B Hockey 29
Babe_Ruth Hockey 1