random wrestling observations

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Tucker, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Did I ever tell you guys that Punk gave me a pump fist at Raw live once? True story.

Oh, and when my dad was younger he gave Andre the Giant a tap on his shoulder when he was walking down the ramp.

Unity likes this.

2. Unity

Unity Mary Poppins, y'all! Staff Member

Kofi Kingston guilt-tripped me and @Millz into doing his "boom boom boom" hand clap at a house show once.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  3. Babe_Ruth

"Guilt tripped" Sureeeeeee!

;)

Unity likes this.
  4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

And Mickie James walked past us...and smelled nice

And Randy Orton called an 8 year old kid a "fucking faggot"

lol

My Uncle was licked by a Bushwhacker and shook Andre's hand. #jealous

Babe_Ruth and Unity like this.
  5. EdgeHead

EdgeHead Registered Member

John Cena cut a freestyle promo on us during a house show in 2003.

OK, one guy in our group in particular but that was a freaking awesome moment.

Millz, Unity and Babe_Ruth like this.
  6. Babe_Ruth

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Sucks to hear about George the Animal's passing

Nicole Bass passed away too...crazy how that happens in bunches. It was weird because I just looked her up on wikipedia randomly and now she dies. RIP to them both.

8. Unity

Unity Mary Poppins, y'all! Staff Member

Yeah really sad to hear about George the Animal. He was one of the most unique talents in history. I really admired him because we had Crohn's Disease in common. Glad he lived to an old age, at least.

9. Powerful

Powerful Registered Member

As I've stated in the past, I haven't watched wrestling in a really long time, but I was just starting to watch wrestling right near the end of George the Animal Steele career, when he had that final baby face run. He was so convincing in his character, especially when he tried to woo Miss Elizabeth, guys who could really be convincing in their character were really fun to watch.

Other cool thing was that, until his last WWF run, he was a gym teacher for many years. He would teach during the school,year, and wrestle during the summers, and on breaks and the occasional weekend show. Supposedly, many of his students would try to talk to him about his wrestling, and Steele would always refuse, at least until the end of his career, then he would drop a few little comments.

Millz and Unity like this.
  10. EdgeHead

EdgeHead Registered Member

It's been a really tough week. George "The Animal" Steele on Friday and Ivan Koloff on Saturday. I heard that the reason they phased him out of WWWF after his 3-week title run after beating Bruno Sammartino was because Vince Sr was scared of what people might do to him after he beat Bruno for the title in 1971. That says a lot about how much heat Koloff could generate. He, of course, had a fantastic run with his "nephew" Nikita Koloff and Khruscher Khruschev as the Russians in Mid-Atlantic and that's where I got to know him most.

Other tidbit about George Steele: in regards to his teaching job, it's not only Vince Jr offered him big money that he dropped his teaching job. Even while he was working the territories, he kept going back to it between bookings. They talked at length about it - and about Koloff - on Live Audio Wrestling tonight.

Powerful, Millz, Unity and 1 other person like this.