• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Random Sports Thought Thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish Jo-Wilfried Tsonga would win a major. He had a lot of potential but has been injured pretty frequently. In next two years could be now or never.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
As a big Phil fan for the last 20 years, I'm pretty disappointed to hear that he may be involved in illegal gambling and money laundering. These guys make so much money, a lot of them just don't even know what else to do with it other than gamble.

I agree about Tsonga. He's always been a fun player to watch and is extremely talented. It's hard being in the era of Federer, Djokovic, Nadal, and Murray. But if he puts in the work, it's not too late for him. Just look at Stan Wawrinka.

Was Jim Harbaugh stoned during this interview with Colin Cowherd? God, it's so awkward and painful to listen to. Cowherd basically hangs up on him at the end and goes on to say it's the clunkiest interview he's done in 25 years.

"I'm a 4.3 wide receiver. Why should I play at Michigan?"

"You are?"

That's just gold.

https://twitter.com/dannykanell/status/616250870603382784

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm guessing there were ground rules in place, because Cowherd never even referenced the NFL. But his questions were so random that with a guy as defensive as Harbaugh can be, there's no way it was going in a good direction.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Rafael Nadal is finished. Lost in straight sets in the quarterfinals at the French a couple months ago, and for the 4th year in a row he was eliminated at Wimbledon by a player outside the top 100.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Not good. I don't watch much tennis, but I remember the days where he was plastered all over ESPN and people were debating just how great he was. That seemed like just a handful of years ago (it was probably longer though). He can't be that old, right? Any explanation on why he's fallen off?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
His shelf life was always going to be much shorter than, say, a Federer. But the drop has been quite dramatic. He not only didn't win in Paris, but he also didn't win a single European claycourt tournament for the first time.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It looks like Rory had a freak accident. Who ruptures tendons "kicking around?"

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is brutal for sure...I'm kinda pissed as I wanted to see him defend his British Open title. I guess he could maybe still compete but I doubt it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I doubt he'll be ready to go for the Open. I'm no doctor, but I don't think you come back from a ruptured ligament in a week. I think we'd be fortunate to see him play in the PGA next month.