• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Random Sports Thought Thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Watched the entire third round of the Valspar Championship yesterday, and man, did Tiger Woods ever look great. He’s one back of the leader, Connors. He hit some amazing shots. It was so fun to watch. Hopefully he can put out a win today.

In addition, it looked like absolute madness on his holes yesterday. Fifteen to 20 deep.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was four pretty damn good rounds and he appears to be healthy, which is the big thing. Augusta, as usual, will be a blast.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

I was watching most of it at a bar/restaurant near my place, and the guy beside kept complaining to his friend that he was tired of just seeing Tiger's shots'. I kept shaking my head, and really wanted to say something, but I kept my mouth shut. Anyway, if you look at those numbers, you will see why they kept the camera on him almost the entire time.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It's quite simple in reality:

When Tiger Woods plays like he played this weekend, he's gonna draw eyeballs to TV sets. People want Tiger to comeback. If he does win another major, that's gonna be the most miraculous comeback in sports history.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Been watching The Open. Today should be good stuff. The wind is really starting to kick up. There's not a 66 or 65 out there today. I will take Spieth. While hoping for a big-time shootout, I suspect it's going to be survival of the fittest.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tiger Woods is ranked in the top 50 in the world this week. Very fun stuff

The next month/six weeks will be an interesting test for Woods. If he plays well enough to make it to the FedEx finals, it’ll be five tournaments in six weeks.

Been a long time. The health and stamina there? I'm rooting for him all the way.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The 100th PGA Championship is in St Louis next week...so cool for our relatively small city. I hope Woods does well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The 100th PGA Championship is in St Louis next week...so cool for our relatively small city. I hope Woods does well.
Man, you should go if at all possible. I hear it’s so much fun to attend a live event.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pair of 65s for Woods and Fowler. Eagle on 18 for Tiger.

Good things are happening when Woods finds fairways.