Random Game Talk

Unity

Sho.
Staff member
This looked great, as well. The "first" Wolfenstein was really good outside of lacking replay value.

I'm really interested in Become Human, and still really need to play their other big game - Heavy Rain, right?

This looked great, as well. The "first" Wolfenstein was really good outside of lacking replay value.

I'm really interested in Become Human, and still really need to play their other big game - Heavy Rain, right?
Wolfenstein did look great. Same with Become Human and Days Gone.

I am also really interested in Anthem.

Hidden Agenda (from the makers of Until Dawn) looks pretty cool as well.

Yes. Definitely play Heavy Rain.

2017 rankings update:

1.) Prey
2.) Resident Evil 7
3.) Friday The 13th
4.) Emily is Away Too
5.) Mass Effect: Andromeda
6.) Outlast 2
7.) The Walking Dead: Season 3
8.) Late Shift
9.) Horizon Zero Dawn

It's been a damn good first half of 2017 for games, and the next 6 months look like they have a chance at being better. Good times.

With only Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus left to play, this is what my 2017 rankings look like...

1.) Prey
2.) Resident Evil 7
3.) Dead By Daylight
4.) Emily Is Away Too
5.) Mass Effect: Andromeda
6.) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
7.) South Park: Fractured But Whole
8.) Friday The 13th
9.) Outlast II
10.) Hidden Agenda
11.) Horizon Zero Dawn
12.) Destiny 2

Last edited:

Unity

Sho.
Staff member
I've been hooked on Stardew Valley on PS4 for quite a while, but am transitioning to a few Steam games that I picked up during a sale recently.

Beholder is a really fun game based in the 80s in a made up totalitarian country. You work as landlord of an apartment complex (think Fallout Shelter) and it has a ton moral vs. practical, humanity vs. the state, etc. implications. A ton of fun and nice and cheap.

Planescape Torment is a classic D&D computer game. I just never got around to playing much of it on my old system, and have heard amazing things.

Tacoma is one of the newer games from the developers of Gone Home. I hadn't thought about it much because it wasn't out on consoles, and my MacBook isn't much for intense gaming. But the requirements seemed like it should work well. I hope to start it soon.

On the console side I plan to order the newest version of Street Fighter V soon. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are two favorites of mine that I'll always come back to. Since my favorite SF character of all time (Blanka) is going to be released with new characters soon, I can't resist revisiting this game.

I dove head first back into Friday the 13th. I loved it this past summer, but it was super buggy and full of team killers. 6 months makes a huge difference. The game runs significantly better, team killing isn't possible anymore and they've added quite a few free updates. A few new maps, new counselors and a new Jason. Plus offline mode. Such a fun game.

Impaired

Registered Member
Forza Horizon 4 is just amazing. The Horizon series takes your racing game and turns it into a racing life. You can drive anywhere. You can perform ridiculous stunts. The character and clothing thing I find more annoying than anything else, but the cars, the terrain, the challenges - top notch. This new version has seasons - every week, the season changes. A week of winter, spring, summer and fall. It really is incredible.