• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Random Facts

Wrecked

Registered Member
i'm a snapple drinker and love reading the facts on the bottle caps [ i love winning prizes more though; i've won a "snapple flying disc" but haven't claimed it yet ]. they have some pretty cool and interesting facts on those things, but not all of them are.

so lets post some facts that you find entertaining or are just plain interesting.

1 - kangaroos can't walk backards
so if you pulled their tall hard enough they'd probably fall down, haha.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Speaking of reading the back of things...

2. Gas station pies have 450 Calories each. :D

3. McDonalds restaurants collectively take up more money's worth of real estate than any other establishment in the world, including the Catholic Church.

4. If you eat a bananna, followed by something extremely salty, or for the sake of testing this theory, a spoon full of salt, you will soon see both again.

Some interesting food facts. :)

Wrecked

Registered Member
Andrew said:
4. If you eat a bananna, followed by something extremely salty, or for the sake of testing this theory, a spoon full of salt, you will soon see both again.
no way...... really? what is there like a chemical imbalance between them? do they not like sharing a room? and the most important question: where does it come out of.

i've never heard of that, and i'm sure most of my friends haven't :D . haha, time to make some bets.

me: "hey i bet you $10 that you can't eat this banana and then this whole spoon of salt!"

friend: "what are you stupid? of course i can. easy 10 here i come"

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Andrew said:
out the back or the front?

and...

"SHAKE WELL.
REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING."

- my Gatorage Frost bottle

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, apparently Potassium and Sodium don't like each other. :)

And yes.. the mouth.

You should film your friends doing it. :D

I've never witnessed it personally but I've heard stories from people who have done it.

Wrecked

Registered Member
hahaha! i love science!

i was hoping that it would be explosive diarrhea, but puking is still funny.

5 - all polar bears are left handed
and a bonus piggy-back fact: polar bears have black skin

ltk9492

Registered Member
Andrew said:

Some interesting food facts. :)
does that mean you throw up?

In Florida (this IS TRUE) it is illegal to pass gas in a public place on a thursday after 6 pm. (more of a law, but random right?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Many states have totally pointless laws that never got tossed out from back in the early US settlement days. They are not enforced, however. I just did a search and found a site that lists some for each state: http://www.justafreak.com/law/index.shtml

Good times. :)

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Absolutely pathetic! We really haven't come that far since the ridiculous days of pointless arbitrary laws. You'd like to think they are all fairy tales or something that never actually existed because human beings could never ever ever ever EVER actually be THAT DAMNED STUPID, but somehow someway, WE ARE!!! Just makes you wonder how many things from today will be looked back at as a sign of how completely and utterly STUPID we are as a human race. I don't want to start a debate or anything, but I bet you a million dollars, that at some point in time, probably not too far from now, someone is going to look back at the big fat deal people are making over homosexual marriage now and say "OH MY GOD THOSE MORONS WERE SO FREAKING STUPID!!!" just like we're saying now. I bet you it will be true. Again, don't mean to turn this into a debate, but it's the honest to God truth.