• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rand Paul defends Obama

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
“Do you think Dick Cheney is a credible critic of this president?” host David Gregory asked Paul, quoting from Cheney’s op-ed in which Cheney wrote, “Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many.”

Rand Paul defends Obama against Dick Cheney
When Cheney said that I almost rolled in the floor laughing. Why would anyone want to interview him anymore.

I was surprised that Paul came to Obama's defense on Cheney's statement. Paul is right though Cheney and the Bush administration carry their fair share of the blame on this or anyone that voted for this war. If there is going to be finger pointing they need to do some pointing at themselves also.

Not that there aren't things you can point your finger directly at Obama for. He's screwed up himself many times but so did the Bush administration and probably the next one will too.

I'm also afraid Paul is right about something else, there may be no solution for the problems plaguing Iraq.

Thoughts?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Iraq was a mistake from the start and it's a shame so many of our soldiers had to die for people to come to this realization. You can't force a democracy on people and have it remain stable.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No you can't force democracy on someone. They have to want it themselves bad enough to fight for it. That's the reason I don't believe in going into these countries and trying to create a democratic government. It rarely goes well. I think Paul may understand that. Which may get him my vote if he wins the republican primary. I like someone that can go against the party if they think its right.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So us pulling out of Iraq recently has no bearing on how things are now? Removing Saddam had no bearing on Iraq until we pulled out? ISIS had taken over Iraq as soon as Saddam was removed? It's been like this the WHOLE 10 or so years we were there? Nobody in Iraq wanted freedom from that guy and NONE of them wanted democracy?

Going in then and what is going on now are two seperate issues, I wish people would see that.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It amazes me how Cheney can forget what happened during the Bush administration. He never admits they made some really big mistakes. Obama is no prize but Cheney before you call someone else a fool you need to take a look at yourself and why we are in Iraq then tell us who's the fool.

I think Cheney isn't the one that recognizes reality or we would have never went into Iraq to begin with. Thanks to Cheney, and Bush, we are there now and are stuck with cleaning up the mess it caused. Yet you consider yourself an expert on foreign policy.

During the interview, Karl also pointed out that critics on the left and the right had said that it was Cheney who had been wrong on foreign policy “over and over again.”

Dick Cheney doesn’t ‘intend any disrespect’ by suggesting Obama ‘guilty of treason’