Rams trade Witherspoon to Philly

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
For some reason all the Philly fans I know hate this deal...I dont get it...he's a pretty good linebacker!

This was the only trade today before the deadline...man the NFL deadline SUCKS.

Eagles acquired LB Will Witherspoon from the Rams in exchange for WR Brandon Gibson and a 2010 fifth-round pick.

Witherspoon was carried off the field Sunday with an apparent knee injury, but he must have been cleared by Eagles' doctors. Though he had been playing on the weak side in St. Louis, he has experience in the middle and will likely play there for Philly. Jeremiah Trotter and Omar Gaither have been burned in the passing game, so Witherspoon fill a need.
I am happy the Rams added a receiver (never heard of the guy, however) but 'Spoon was a classy guy and a solid player...we're now severely lacking in the depth department at linebacker.

Not that it matters at this point anyways.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
yeah im sure gibson will step right in our system...

at least he knows the offense since its the same in stl as it in in philly...

this will save money...

im ok with it

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
yeah im sure gibson will step right in our system...

at least he knows the offense since its the same in stl as it in in philly...

this will save money...

im ok with it
Its sad but this Gibson guy could end up being the 3rd receiver in this offense depending on the status of Donnie Avery this weekend.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heart the Rams and their terrible decisions.
I don't really think it was a terrible decision. This team is trying to get younger...this will save us money. We are also extremely short on receivers...this helped with that as well. We also got a draft pick outta the deal.

Witherspoon is now surrounded by talent...of course he's going to play better.