Rams trade Witherspoon to Philly

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

For some reason all the Philly fans I know hate this deal...I dont get it...he's a pretty good linebacker!

This was the only trade today before the deadline...man the NFL deadline SUCKS.

I am happy the Rams added a receiver (never heard of the guy, however) but 'Spoon was a classy guy and a solid player...we're now severely lacking in the depth department at linebacker.

Not that it matters at this point anyways.

2. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

yeah im sure gibson will step right in our system...

at least he knows the offense since its the same in stl as it in in philly...

this will save money...

im ok with it

3. Millz

Its sad but this Gibson guy could end up being the 3rd receiver in this offense depending on the status of Donnie Avery this weekend.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I heart the Rams and their terrible decisions.

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Next they'll trade Avery and Jackson to teams that are already Super Bowl contenders.

6. Millz

I don't really think it was a terrible decision. This team is trying to get younger...this will save us money. We are also extremely short on receivers...this helped with that as well. We also got a draft pick outta the deal.

Witherspoon is now surrounded by talent...of course he's going to play better.