Rams put franchise tag on OJ Atogwe

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rams assigned the franchise tag to free safety O.J. Atogwe.

The safety tender is $6.342M. A ballhawk, Atogwe has been St. Louis' best defensive back for the last three years. Nine players have been franchised so far: Atogwe, Karlos Dansby, Terrell Suggs, Matt Cassel, Brandon Jacobs, Michael Koenen, Shayne Graham, Antonio Bryant, and Darren Sproles.
Good move here as he's easily our best defensive player. Hopefully they lock him up long term eventually.

BigBob

Registered Member
I really don't like the idea of Franchising players. I might make a topic about that later.

..but it is a good thing for them to do, as is the list of other players there. Keeping him around may help them out in the future.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah for now it was a must since he's our best player on defense and we need him around to build the defense around him and Chris Long. If he gets his long term deal eventually then i'm sure he'll be happy.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I like it. I thought Atogwe should have made the Pro Bowl last season but the Rams being so bad had a lot to do with the decision I'm sure.

Anyways. On topic. Like I already said I like that we franchised him. He's undoubtedly our best defensive player.