• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rams moving to L.A?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Rams are approved for the Inglewood site, and the Chargers are told they're free to join them. That gives the Chargers the option to say no, I guess, but I really don't see where they have a choice.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's cool to see teams back in L.A., I just wish they were better teams. Haha. I imagine the Rams will be a playoff team at some point, maybe. The Chargers need some WRs, poor Rivers. I feel bad for Kevin and Dan, I imagine losing a team would suck. Thankfully that's something I'll never have to deal with. Chiefs and Packers are definitely a step up, maybe even two. Haha.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It's hard not to feel bad for the fans in St. Louis. It's hard to lose your team once, let alone losing them twice to the same city.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This type of thing is one reason why I hesitate to get too emotionally invested in professional sports. It just goes to show that teams are little more than corporations, which begs the question, who or what exactly are you cheering for? The owner? The team/franchise/brand/corporation? The players? The city? If it's the players or the franchise itself, then what? You suddenly stop cheering for them if they relocate? That seems illogical. If it's the city, and I understand having city pride, then it doesn't make much sense getting emotionally invested in a team outside your hometown.

I've never been through one of my teams relocating, and being in Chicago there is very little risk of it happening, so I don't really know what it's like. Perhaps @Scoundrel and @Millz would like to comment on this?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am kinda worn out from talking about this to be honest haha. I post on another board with a several Rams fans and I've talked so much about it that I just want it to go away.

To sum it up we got butt fucked by the league and a piece of shit owner who only cares about money and not the state he was born in.

So fuck Kroenke, fuck the Rams, and fuck the NFL.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm kind of like @Millz on this thread. When the whole thing was going down, I didn't feel like commenting on it because I was talking about it with friends, family, and coworkers nonstop. Basically, I'm pissed as hell because this is the team that came to me as a kid who was a big NFL fan but never had a team of his own (at least that I could remember -- we lost the Cardinals to Arizona when I was really young).

When it comes down to it, it was obvious the fix was in for this to happen. No matter what our city did to gather funding and a viable stadium plan, the NFL had other ideas. They sent representatives every time we had good news on our end to squash it in some way. For example, Grubman requested to be on a local sports radio show one day so that he could deliver the message that nothing was guaranteed for the Rams. The NFL requested that without any prompting from our local media. Then with the B.S. way that the vote went down, it became even more clear that this is what they wanted all along. When I play devil's advocate, I can understand having a team in that size of market makes sense and I don't blame L.A. fans for being happy that they have their team back. However, I think the NFL is shady and greedy, and is run worse than any other professional sports league.

During the aftermath, a local man that helped run the movement to keep the Rams in STL had said that he thinks a big problem with us losing the Rams and the Cardinals before that was that neither of those teams were "born" in St. Louis. I do think that's a valid point, as it makes it hard for intergenerational fan bases to be build properly. I think we supported this team damn well for the product we were given, and I'm thankful that I got to experience a Super Bowl championship. They can't take that away from us.