• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ramirez retires from MLB

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ramirez retires from MLB

Surprised that no one posted this already, it's pretty big news considering.

Busted twice for banned substances. Does that completely ruin his chance of getting in the Hall?

Both were towards the end of his career, but it's going to be hard for most voters to overlook getting caught twice.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I forgot to post this, read the story last night; I was busy altering one of my fantasy teams, lol.

To be honest, for doing that I hope he really does get banned from the HOF. He didn't earn it, that's for sure.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think he's going to still make the Hall-of-Fame and I really hope he does. He is one of the best in this era of baseball. I'm sure Mark McGwire will get into it too at some point and he's had more controversy with his steroid use then Manny.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think he's going to still make the Hall-of-Fame and I really hope he does. He is one of the best in this era of baseball. I'm sure Mark McGwire will get into it too at some point and he's had more controversy with his steroid use then Manny.
I'm happy with McGwire as a hitting coach for the Cards (maybe, our offense sucks right now lol), but honestly I don't think that either of them should make it to the HOF. Or anyone else that has been proven to have used Steroids, etc.

viLky

ykLiv
They need a special steroid users wing in the Hall of Fame. Stick Manny in there with the other users while the clean people can stay in the regular section. It's terrible that regular players have to be stuck in the same HOF as those folks.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe eventually almost all the steroid-era guys will be elected one way or the other. MLB's not about to have five or six years where nobody's inducted. They'll take the vote away from the BBWAA before that happens.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it'll be hard to keep the ones under suspicion out but if you were caught then you don't deserve to get in. Which means sorry Bonds, Clemens, McGwire and Palmeiro but you aren't getting in.

Manny Ramirez is obviously a fucking moron since he got caught TWICE in a time where nobody else is getting caught. Not only is he an idiot for taking them and getting caught but he's an idiot for doing it AGAIN and thus getting caught...again. Nobody else is this stupid. I hope he disappears forever.

Last edited:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I know little of Baseball or this Ramirez person, but I did read this about he was given options for i think treatment or some form of punishment for using illegal substance in his sport and instead to face this choose to retire.

I see him as a cheater, not only to his fans and himself, but to the sport he played. It is no different than if maybe a race car driver used parts for his car to make it faster, but knew it was wrong and illegal. Does this make him the champion if he wins his racing championships? Was he the best driver? Or was it maybe the fact he cheated to have the best car? I see little to no difference here. He should never be allowed to become more to this sport then he was and should be remembered as the cheater he was in it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Ramirez decided to take the suspension(punishment) route then he would of gotten suspended for 100 games, a third time would lead to a lifetime ban. Ramirez was probably going to retire at the end of this year anyway(well most likely) so I'm not really surprised that he just "quit" instead of taking that 100 games suspension.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Busted twice for banned substances. Does that completely ruin his chance of getting in the Hall?
I hope so. I've been completely against anyone admitting to steroids being inducted into the Hall of Fame since the "scandal' first broke in the early 2000's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
goingtopshelf Baseball 4
Merc Baseball 22
Babe_Ruth Baseball 10
Babe_Ruth Baseball 8
Merc Baseball 3