• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rail/Gauss guns

• Thread starter Æshættr
  • Start date
A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Well I've seen Chainguns fire, they are loud, and a million rounds is a bit overkill.

Ã

Æshættr

From the article here:

Just how lethal? That depends on how many rounds you want to fire and how many barrels you want to put to use. In a test firing of 36 barrels, lashed together and firing full bore, the gun reduced a series of 15 wooden doors to toothpicks in just two-tenths of a second.
A video can be seen here.

Ã

Æshættr

Yeah, but I honestly don't see the point of firing that many bullets in one spot. A single large shell could do much the same thing.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

A single large shell would have a more likely chance to miss, then multiple smaller rounds.

Ã

Æshættr

Yes, I forgot one of the uses stated in one of the articles. That was for this gun to be used against missiles as a sort of point defense. It certainly would be hard to miss with that rate of fire.

B

Bio248

sign me up for one of those babies. no one is gonna pull anything out on me when i can put a hole in the the size of a basketball in a tenth of a second..haha :D