• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

RAGE

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
So, after reading Kspice's thread, and his mention of ID Software, I thought to go check their website. Somehow I'd been forgetting to go check their site.

I'm glad I did, because I stumbled upon this little gem.

RAGE Official Site

That site says it all. My favourite FPS creator ID Software is once again coming out with something awesome. I'm pretty psyched to get this game when it comes out. ID software has always made great groundbreaking games. Like Doom, Quake, Commander Keen, Hexen and Heretic, and Wolfenstein.

So I'm hoping this game turns out just as great.

How about you guys, opinions?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
RAGE has been a title on my list of games to watch for the longest time (since the original teaser trailer release).

So much love was put into this game from the team at iD and it shows iD Tech 5 looks beyond stunning and I know that it should do well critically, but recently iD games do not sell particularly well... but that is another story.

The graphics look stunning, but I need to see non-edited game play to be seriously sold on this title.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
From that trailer, I'm definitely interested. I am a little tired of the "wasteland" setting though.
Yeah. That is a downside for me as well. This whole "post"-apocalypse setting phase is just getting old. Rage may be different (by God I hope so) though.

YouTube - Rage Demo
G4s look at gameplay of Rage.

Zenheizer

needs practice
After this was unveiled at E3 last spring (or was it earlier? anyway I saw it from E3 trailer) it looks amazing. Agreed, wasteland setting is such a cliche nowadays BUT the original story is something I'm very excited about. I hope it goes the way of Half Life instead of FarCry.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
After this was unveiled at E3 last spring (or was it earlier? anyway I saw it from E3 trailer) it looks amazing. Agreed, wasteland setting is such a cliche nowadays BUT the original story is something I'm very excited about. I hope it goes the way of Half Life instead of FarCry.
I think it will go both ways, and it could put it off rather well if it does.

Something about this game screams GotY... but I am unsure sometimes.

I wonder if GDC will have more footage?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think L.A. Noire might have something to say about that... or Uncharted 3. Ha.
Throw in Mass Effect 3 and possibly Dragon Age 2 and maybe Star Wars: The Old Republic and maybe Skyrim as well.

This is gonna be a crowded GotY field.