• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Radio

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am currently catching up with this weeks episode of The Punk Show by Mike Davies on Radio 1 here in the uk (it has Flogging Molly live in the studio if you are a fan). I have listened to it for some time on playback as it goes out at 2am and I can't stay up that late on a tuesday with work but it is about the only thing I will ever listen to on the radio. I am not sure if it is just me getting older but I used to listen to the radio a lot but these days I never really use it on my stereo.

Do you still listen to the radio? Do you even own one anymore or do you have one built into your stereo and it is just not used anymore?

Impact

V.I.P.
I was subjected to some day time radio the other day. It made me want to stab my ears out. Now that's out of the way, I have to say England has shockingly bad radio. For a country of it's size, you think there would be a nationwide rock/metal station, one for drum n bass and dubstep, etc. But no...Back home in NZ there was a station dedicated entirely to rock, and it was called...well, The Rock haha I will say though, I do take time out to listen to Mike Davies show, and Fabio and Grooveriders show. Everything else is kinda disappointing.

I know there is Rock Radio, but as I can only get that on the interwebz, i'm not counting that.

laserlight

Registered Member
sometimes i listen to radio cuz i have it on my media player an it has a ton of stations and some really cool ones too. but i like that i decide what i want to hear and i have tons of music i downloaded! my stereo has radio too but i never use it and i can have 6 cds in my player so i dont need it. and you tubes cuz i want to see the bands too and i cant do that with a radio. but i still hear radio but only some times. =D

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I listen to Pandora Radio all the time. :) As for regular radio... not so much. I'll sometimes listen the local college station, but that's about it. Incidentally, Flogging Molly is awesome.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No more radio and my signal is bad here. I do listen to online radios sometimes but mostly I just play my on playlist from my computer or ipod when I want to listen to music.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I haven't listened to the radio in years. I listen to my music on Youtube or iTunes.

I hate the radio because you hear the same songs over and over again. People always request the same songs.
I don't mind the rock stations but I just wish they'd get rid of the talking in between songs.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have satellite radio in my new car, so I listen to it all the time. With hundreds of stations and no ads, it's hard to not find something good.

Dabs

Registered Member
I listen to the radio/stereo at home quite often. In my car, I usually have a CD in. But I have a favorite radio station- 92.3, it plays a lot of pop and rock, some new, some older, and a lot of music from the 80s, which happens to be good for me :)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't listen to music, ever, on the radio. The only time I listen to the radio is for sports talk and that's it.

Otherwise I'll have a CD in.

canuck

The radio is horrible , they rarley have anything good that they play and they just loop it in circles every 2 or 3 hours. I prefer CD;s latley its seems that it is rare there is any good music out there.