Radio Host gets Waterboarded: "absolutely torture"

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Chicago radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided he'd get himself waterboarded to prove the technique wasn't torture.

It didn't turn out that way. "Mancow," in fact, lasted just six or seven seconds before crying foul. Apparently, the experience went pretty badly -- "Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop," according to NBC Chicago.

[...]

"I wanted to prove it wasn't torture," Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.' "

The upshot? "It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke," Mancow told listeners. "It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture."

"Absolutely. I mean that's drowning," he added later. "It is the feeling of drowning."

"If I knew it was gonna be this bad, I would not have done it," he said.
Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

It's Hannity's turn now, I think. With Olbermann offering to put up money, and Ventura offering to administer it, he best step up. Speaking of Ventura and Hannity:

YouTube - Jesse Ventura Interview With Hannity On FOX May.18, 2009

lol

edit: So I just read that Olbermann already gave the $10k to Veterans Of Valor because this dude got waterboarded, so I guess that gets Hannity somewhat off the hook.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
mancow.... I hate that scum. He put my favorite local morning show out of business. That POS shoulda been waterboarded for longer just for payback for putting out such crap radio show over the years.

I do agree though. I'd like to see Hannity or Rush put up on the Board and put to the test.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
You'll notice one thing interesting here. This guy who was waterboarded felt temporary discomfort and is now perfectly fine and in the same health that he was earlier. No fingers missing, no arms pulled off, no dents in his head from stoning, no scars on his back from flogging etc. Temporary discomfort without ANY long (or even short term) damage to speak of is simply not torture. People are confusing extreme interrogation with torture. Sure it's extremely uncomfortable... That's the point.

What's next, tickling people is torture too? :lol:

Bananas

Endangered Species
This guy who was waterboarded felt temporary discomfort and is now perfectly fine and in the same health that he was earlier. No fingers missing, no arms pulled off, no dents in his head from stoning, no scars on his back from flogging etc. Temporary discomfort without ANY long (or even short term) damage to speak of is simply not torture.

What about electrocution, Is that torture? ..by your definition it is not.

People are confusing extreme interrogation with torture. Sure it's extremely uncomfortable... That's the point.
Torture is inflicting pain or anguish.

I think the confusion lies at your end. Under International law waterboarding is classed as a torture technique, under the Geneva Convention waterboarding is classed as a torture technique.

After WW2 at the Tokyo Trials many(thousands) of Japanese prison guards and officers were tried for and found guilty of torture by a US organised tribunal, the number one toture technique was waterboarding.

For the last 100+ years waterboarding has been deemed an act of torture by the US, from the Phillipines war to more recent trails. It is interesting that as soon as soon as its the CIA who is guilty of perpetrating such an action that the classification of the action changes.

So is it torture, was history and the laws that the US once adhered wrong? Why was it torture then, but now its merely uncomfortable?