• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Radio host: "Clinton needs to be shot in the vagina"

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Just saw this about 5 minutes ago:

Pete Santilli, Radio Host: Hillary Clinton Needs To Be 'Shot In The Vagina'

Wow... misogyny, sexual violence and gun fetishism all in one breath... and directed towards a high ranking government official no less. I'm not sure what scares me more - the fact this guy is so disturbed or the fact that he has an audience. Just, wow.

Although, part of me thinks he's just trolling for attention. Who knows.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is another radio host that wants a bigger audience and doesn't mind what he does to get it. I think its funny when some of these people only go after one side when the other is doing things just as bad.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have no idea who this guy is but I agree rhetoric like this needs to stop. He's probably trying to be a "shock jock" and hopes to pick up his ratings, but stuff like this is just stupid. I think she needs to be indicted and should maybe serve some prison time, but "shot in the vagina" is just disturbing, even if not serious.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
This is the kind of thing that you'd wish would get people removed from the air. But nope, this is America where death threats against the president and elected officials as well as hate speech is considered part of politics.

Wade8813

Registered Member
This does bother me, although if he had just said "Clinton needs to be shot" then I wouldn't have been bothered by it (unless there was some surrounding context that changed things).

Interestingly enough, if someone had said "Bill Clinton needs to be kicked in the nuts", I don't think anyone would care. But if someone had said he needs to be shot in the nuts, that raises a few more eyebrows. However, saying Hillary needs to be kicked in the vagina comes across as very misogynistic. And saying she needs to be shot in the vagina just seems wrong.

That said, this doesn't seem like a death threat to me, but it is one of those borderline things.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
This does bother me, although if he had just said "Clinton needs to be shot" then I wouldn't have been bothered by it (unless there was some surrounding context that changed things).
Why is that acceptable? Why is calling for any elected official to be maimed acceptable?

Interestingly enough, if someone had said "Bill Clinton needs to be kicked in the nuts", I don't think anyone would care. But if someone had said he needs to be shot in the nuts, that raises a few more eyebrows. However, saying Hillary needs to be kicked in the vagina comes across as very misogynistic. And saying she needs to be shot in the vagina just seems wrong.
Well there's a slight difference in the amount of violence and potential of death between a KICK and a GUNSHOT, wouldn't you say? Both are not things that I'd think a healthy mind would openly say.

That said, this doesn't seem like a death threat to me, but it is one of those borderline things.
It might not be an exact death threat, but it's definitely a hateful, disgusting and nasty thing to wish on someone.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Why is that acceptable? Why is calling for any elected official to be maimed acceptable?
People say "(Person X) needs to be drug into the street and shot" all the time. It's not advocating murdering them. It's saying I really don't like them.

Well there's a slight difference in the amount of violence and potential of death between a KICK and a GUNSHOT, wouldn't you say? Both are not things that I'd think a healthy mind would openly say.
Right. I could have phrased it slightly better, but basically my point was saying to kick a man in the balls is irrelevant, but saying to kick a woman in the vagina seems misogynistic.

It might not be an exact death threat, but it's definitely a hateful, disgusting and nasty thing to wish on someone.
Someone getting in trouble for a death threat makes sense. Someone getting censored for saying something hateful and disgusting? That's a bit different. Sure, it would be nice if the station would give him the boot (assuming it isn't his station), but they shouldn't be required to.