Radio Contest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, May 3, 2010.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Have you ever won anything from a radio station whether it be winning concert tickets, money or a meet and greet session?

I have won concert tickets from my local radio station before. You have to be a certain caller in order to win. Over the weekend, the radio station had a text to win contest and they sent me a text today and said that I won a Shaq autographed poster! I didn't know about the contest until yesterday and decided to text to try to win the poster. I can't wait to get it!

Last edited: May 3, 2010

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The radio station I listen to always have a request show from 12pm to 1pm. You can call in and request a song, and when they do they take down your phone number and name. At the end of the show they pull out a name to declare the winner, well one day I called to request a song and my name got picked.

I won a live DVD of The Who in Concert, it's a two disk DVD so it's worth close to 50$. I was quite happy since I like The Who.

3. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

That's awesome Babe. I love The Who!
    Our local radio station also runs these type of competitions regularly. I don't generally call, but they had this contest late one night (after 11pm) and I was still listening to the radio, so I knew the lines would be quiet and it would be easy to get through and claim my price!

That was how I won my concert tickets to see Violent Femmes, which was pretty awesome. The concert wasn't very full though. I suppose their fans can be seen as a sort of cult-following! But I loved every minute of it!

4. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I tried to win some things back when I was at school but never did so I gave up and don't try any more.