Radio Broadcasting , Stand Up Comedy/Writing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by punchline67, Sep 28, 2005.

1. punchline67

punchline67 New Member

My hobbies are my passion for radio broadcasting and writing comedy for various projects - on and off the air.

The FM broadcast market in San Francisco is a dynamic one with just about every type of format you can imagine. Although I worked locally with a morning show for a rock station in the past, I have not dabbled in it for the last 5 years.

Also, I have compiled material for an act which I plan on putting into action at a local comedy club in the next month. With the help and guidance from many bay area local comedians, I hope to pull it off and could possibly open the door to the next chapter in my life.

When I'm not goofing around with the above mentioned hobbies, I enjoy buying and selling items on eBay. This is a great way to spend lots of money without ever having to leave the comfort of your own home or office. BTW, I'm having a contractor build a new walk-in closet for my purchases next week.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hey welcome! I've thought about doing some stand up routines locally to see if it could be a fit, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Everybody says I would be good at it but you never know.

Clubs in the San Francisco area are probably really good experience, so good luck. You sound like you have a good background so I doubt you will have any problems getting your standup career on it's way. :)