• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Radio Broadcasting , Stand Up Comedy/Writing

punchline67

My hobbies are my passion for radio broadcasting and writing comedy for various projects - on and off the air.

The FM broadcast market in San Francisco is a dynamic one with just about every type of format you can imagine. Although I worked locally with a morning show for a rock station in the past, I have not dabbled in it for the last 5 years.

Also, I have compiled material for an act which I plan on putting into action at a local comedy club in the next month. With the help and guidance from many bay area local comedians, I hope to pull it off and could possibly open the door to the next chapter in my life.

When I'm not goofing around with the above mentioned hobbies, I enjoy buying and selling items on eBay. This is a great way to spend lots of money without ever having to leave the comfort of your own home or office. BTW, I'm having a contractor build a new walk-in closet for my purchases next week.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey welcome! I've thought about doing some stand up routines locally to see if it could be a fit, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Everybody says I would be good at it but you never know.

Clubs in the San Francisco area are probably really good experience, so good luck. You sound like you have a good background so I doubt you will have any problems getting your standup career on it's way. :)