• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Racism is OK...

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
so if the Affordable Care Act had been passed under a white president, would the same imagery have been used?

Also, Jon Stewart didn't say "I'm Herman Cain and I can't read". He said "I'm Herman Cain and I don't like to read." There's a difference. Hence I said it's the context. Because Cain joked about not signing any bills longer than 3 pages if he were President. blahblahblahblahblah

p.s. I lied.
I have no idea. What I do know is if a white president would have signed the ACA he could be called any name in the book and no one would have cared. If a black Republican president would have signed the ACA and that imagery would have been used, no one would have cared.

"Can't read" "don't like to read" pretty much the same thing. "I'm President Obama and I don't know how many states we have" is a racist comment somehow.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Very different things, and that comment isn't racist at all.
Not really. If made against a black liberal either one would be considered racist.

You're right, that comment isn't racist at all. My point is if Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or Andrew Breitbart said that, it would be considered as such.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I think we should all sit down and watch Rocky III. Put this madness aside.
Rocky III is probably my favorite, although I and II are awesome as well. I cried when Micky died the first time I saw it.
------
Rocky IV was jumping the shark, although the plot was somewhat decent.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Rocky III is probably my favorite, although I and II are awesome as well. I cried when Micky died the first time I saw it.
------
Rocky IV was jumping the shark, although the plot was somewhat decent.
I liked the newest, Rocky Balboa.

This, right here:
YouTube - ‪Rocky Balboa Speech‬‏

is life.
Much love.

III is my all time favorite and to me anyway is one of the greatest movies of all time. I and II are absolutely fantastic and if there had never been a III, I would be one of the greatest movies of all time for me.
Rocky VI or Rocky Balboa was a great movie and in my book ranks just under I and II. I agree with Steg, the interaction with his kid is just amazing.

IV was a good movie, but not in the same category as the others I mentioned. The scene where Apollo meets Ivan though makes the whole movie. The Godfather of Soul singing "I Live in America" with the fireworks and girls - love it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Fuck Rocky. GET IN CHAT