• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Racism is OK...

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I was going to post this:

But, I have to touch it. :lol:

SS, respectfully I know there is nothing I can say that will change your mind or your perspective. I feel like so much "discussion" on here is little more than two cars colliding at the exact same speed and angle every single time, resulting in a net force that is equalized, canceled, and resultant in little common ground but two smoking, burning, frustrated wrecks.

If you're saying that there are double-standards in the world, then I agree with you whole-heartedly. But I'm just going to blanket this statement for all future posts: if you're painting with a wide brush and saying that all Liberals can hide behind racism, then I have to disagree.

As per that video--the guy is simply wrong and talking out his ass. "You never see a Jon Stuart making a mocking black American-sounding voice when he's talking about Barack Obama, because he's a liberal and Barack Obama is a liberal, and Herman Cain is a conservative...Racism's okay if you're a liberal."

Holy shit, man. Come on. How about, Jon Stuart doesn't make a stereotypical voice when mocking Obama because Obama sounds nothing like Cain. This guy is projecting his own bias as well. Why doesn't the video maker go after Cain for having a "black American-sounding voice" while he's at it, since he used those words to label that voice. Have you ever listened to Eminem talk?!?! THAT VOICE IS NOT BLACK! IT'S SOCIO-REGIONAL.

For the sake of humanity, for the sake of coexisting, for the sake of our future, and for fuck's sake, can't we all just be reasonable?!?!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
But is the phrase: "I am Herman Cain and I don't like to read" racist? Steward is an educated guy. He knows about literacy test before VRA was passed. That's something he's going to get a pass on, because he's in the in-crowd. Really, let anyone get on air and say in their best James Brown voice "I am <black politician> and I don't like to read!" How long do they last?

Like SS said, its just an observation. I don't watch enough tv to care. Herman Cain has been through much worse so he probably could care less also. Its just a good factoid to store away the next time a media wave comes crashing down on a Conservative for saying something that if taken out of context could be racist.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
And that's a good point, MIT--it's out of context. I watch Stuart's show almost religiously, I pay attention to his interviews, and I find his behind-the-scenes commentary. I suppose I feel like I am familiar with his public stances on issues after watching him for years. I don't "know" him personally, lol, and who does with any public figure, really?

But you're right--a lot of liberals will cut down a firebrand conservative for something said "out of context" because of bias, but it would be the same as a conservative cutting down a liberal or Jon for something said out of context as well.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
And that's a good point, MIT--it's out of context. I watch Stuart's show almost religiously, I pay attention to his interviews, and I find his behind-the-scenes commentary. I suppose I feel like I am familiar with his public stances on issues after watching him for years. I don't "know" him personally, lol, and who does with any public figure, really?

But you're right--a lot of liberals will cut down a firebrand conservative for something said "out of context" because of bias, but it would be the same as a conservative cutting down a liberal or Jon for something said out of context as well.
You fell right into SS's trap. Discussing MD in ST. :shake:

I know that Steward's not a racist. I know what is point was. It was about Herman's Cain pledge to only sign a bill 3 pages long. And it was funny. However, it could easily be turned into a firestorm with lots of people showing up with gasoline had the situation been someone not so "in".

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm sorry, I don't see how what Jon StewarT said was racist. Would you care to explain that to me?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This is what I call racist, and I think Steward agrees with me on this: Knowingly selling guns to Mexican drug smugglers so that after they kill a few hundred Mexicans, maybe a few people at the top will be arrested. Because its ok to waste a few hundred lives if they are Mexican. That's what I call real racism in its most vile and ugly form. As someone that generally doesn't like Obama, I've heard the racist accusation thrown more in the past 3 years than my entire life. I'm racist tired. That's what I took from SS's latest attempt to ruin ST by making a serious thread.