Movies R2-D2 Found in Star Trek

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by icegoat63, Nov 18, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought this was pretty comical.

If theres one thing I do love to see its Cross Franchise drops like this. Always a neat way to keep you on your toes. So yeah apparently R2-D2 is a little Easter Egg in the new Star Trek movie, see here:

[​IMG]

Buzz Log: Found: R2-D2 in 'Star Trek'

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Haha!

Was R2 actually in there?

Funny if it was intentional.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

E.T. was in The Phantom Menace? That movie sucked, so I won't watch it again to find out where. Haha. This is pretty cool.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  4. icegoat63

lmfao yeah I googled it. Its when they are having that giant council meeting, remember they are in that giant tube looking thing with seats everywhere:

[​IMG]

5. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

That's pretty funny, though I don't plan on seeing Star Trek..

The thing with E.T. is pretty cool. Lucas could have snuck loads of stuff into that scene in the Phantom Menace.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Oh yeah, I was half asleep by that point (kidding) but that's pretty cool. I'm still iffy about this new Star Trek movie. I have never been a fan of the ST series, something about it never appealed to me. Maybe if they threw Beavis & Butt-Head in there or ALF, then maybe. Haha.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

So they threw me across their movie set and I was like, WEEEEEEEEE!

Yup, that's definitely an Artoo.

Twitch likes this.
  8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw the new Star Trek movie and I didn't even notice it, next time I watch it I'll pay extra attention to him and see if I can catch him. I doubt I will though.

None the less this is pretty funny and didn't expect it to happen.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I didn't notice that, or ET in Phantom Menace...and I've seen that dozens of times. I'll have to watch it again and see if I can spot these things. I haven't gotten Star Trek yet, so that will be awhile.

On another note, I've always hated the Star Trek series as a whole...hated the TV show, it was uninteresting to me and I was forced to watch it because my parents loved it.
    However, I absolutely loved the movie. It was done very well, great action sequences, great story. You should give it a chance, even if you don't normally like Star Trek.

10. icegoat63

I want to see the Star Trek Movie also, and I've always been a big Anti-Fan of anything Star Trek in the past.

There was a funny Onion News thing on how the only ones that didnt like the new Star Trek movie were the original Star Trek fans, because the movie featured exciting fight scenes, mind bending chases, and on the edge of your seat drama sequences.... something the old Star Trek fans know nothing about :hah: