• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

R-Truth heel turn

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not a fan of R-Truth by any means. He's basically had the same stupid gimmick his whole career. Act like a stereotypical black man, "rap", and talk about being "hard" or from the streets.

That being said, I have to admit that his heel turn was pretty good. I loved the whole smoking thing on Morrison. He made an awful face, and the WWE finally realised that so decided to turn him in to a heel.

What did you think of the turn, and do you think he'll excel has a heel?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
What did you think of the turn, and do you think he'll excel has a heel?
The bomb. I loved that an anti-smoking group freaked out over that. "What's up" worked for me longer than for most, I think, and when I saw Truth heeling I didn't know what to think at first, but he did a solid job of it, making faces like he's never done on WWE TV, and my confusion didn't last. I'm with you, BR; I think it's a positive direction for his character. Whether or not they'll drop the real-life ex-felon aspect, we'll see.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I loved it. Truth needed this like a fat kid needs cake, and his career will thrive (I hope) because of it. Truth was a heel in TNA (mostly) and worked well. Put him in this badass role, it could turn out well. He may go to SD in the draft, though.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It was a great move; he really needed it, like everyone has said. I think that he can do well with it when given the opportunity; I'm hoping it's not another situation like Shad in which a wrestler turns heel and is released after the company doesn't know what to do with him. The draft might help this aspect, though.

KSF - Truth was a face most of the time in TNA...I looked it up and he was a heel most of his first year (2002), but joined 3 Live Kru in 2003 and was a face from then on until his last several months ( during 2007), when he teamed with Adam "Pacman" Jones from the NFL. So it was kind of a few heel months, face for a few years, heel for a few months. I think. Just in case you were wondering about the context of his past heel experience.

He also had the distinction of being the first ever recognized African-American NWA Heavyweight Champion.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I dunno, but for me, it's too early to tell how it will play out for R-Truth. I honestly didn't see the heel turn coming, so it took me by surprise. I'm gonna go as far as saying it was an epic heel turn. The way he just kept saying "You did this, not me" to JoMo was just brilliant. I don't know if this will elevate him to main event status (probably not), but the unpredictability makes me want to see more.

One good thing will definitely come out of this... no more of that "What's Up" shit. Only god knows how badly I wanted to take a sledgehammer to my TV screen every time Truth rapped his theme song.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
...no more of that "What's Up" shit. Only god knows how badly I wanted to take a sledgehammer to my TV screen every time Truth rapped his theme song.
GOOD, for sure! Maybe they will bring back that Get Crunk song from last summer. Sounds more heel-like. Otherwise, they would need to wait a bit to get a new one.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
If it means that the WWE will do more and build him up then go with it. I am not a massive fan of R-Truth and don't know enough about him to say if he will be a better Heel than a Face but I do hope they do something with him otherwise it will just make the entire Raw win pointless...

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
That's a good point, ginock. With JoMo occupied by the Extreme Rules main event, how is Truth going to let out his anger? That part of it doesn't make sense.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
That's a good point, ginock. With JoMo occupied by the Extreme Rules main event, how is Truth going to let out his anger? That part of it doesn't make sense.
What annoys the most is why would he even put that on the line? I didn't even realize he had until the end of the match.

This is what annoys me at times about the WWE. I know that its not really, we all know it is not but once again doing something like this does not help the cause. If you had a shot at the title why give it up to begin with? It just makes little to no sense to me...

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
What's up! Thank god that's gone, and hopefully when he fails at this gimmick the WWE will release his sorry ass.