• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

R.I.P. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sad news today, as it appears the legendary Bobby "The Brain" Heenan passed away. I haven't seen anything official from WWE, but Jim Ross, Marty Scurll, and Donovan Dijak were a few that have mentioned it on Twitter.

One of the funniest men of all time, hands-down. Both inside and outside of the professional wrestling world.

He had been sick for several years now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This saddens me a whole lot. I know him more for his announcing than his managing, but I know how good of a manager he was, the best, in my opinion. He made me laugh so much, he just knew how to get a reaction from somebody. He will be missed.

Rest easy, Brain.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Unquestionably the greatest manager of all-time. There'll never be another Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. From his pairing with Nick Bockwinkel in AWA to Andre the Giant in the WWF, he managed the greatest. And of course, his commentary is legendary. He singlehandedly made Ric Flair's Royal Rumble win in 1992 the most momentous Rumble match win ever.

God, I'm gonna miss the Brain.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
SCHIAVONE: Coming up on TNT right after Nitro, is "Two Mules For Sister Sara."

HEENAN: It seemed like a good trade at the time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They need each other. ... One without the other isn't any good ...

Oh I knew he was going to do that! He don't need Jannetty.

Jannetty tried to dive through the window to escape. Did you see that? What an act of cowardism!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
They need each other. ... One without the other isn't any good ...

Oh I knew he was going to do that! He don't need Jannetty.

Jannetty tried to dive through the window to escape. Did you see that? What an act of cowardism!

Amazing haha, he enhanced that moment so much. I was cracking up at him swearing that he knew Michaels was going to do that. A comedic heel announcer is so rare and so amazing.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
His reaction when Piper comes out at the 1992 Royal Rumble and when the crowd pops, is incredible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StroShow Hockey 15
Babe_Ruth Hockey 6
Babe_Ruth Hockey 14
Babe_Ruth Hockey 3
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2