• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

qweerblue

qweerblue

Registered Member
HOLY SMOKES! You all are AWESOME! I can't even tell you the sunshine you have filled me with, I mean, it's spilling out of me, it's lighting up the house, it may even melt some of the snow outside my door!

Do you know the "Homer Dance", when Homer gets so excited that all he can do is hop from one foot to the other, shaking his hands at the wrist and making strange little sounds? I'm doing that. I'm doing that right now, and the cats are terrified, but *I* am filled with pure, unadulterated joy.

Thanks, y'all, truly.

I got the warm fuzzies, and it's all because of you, and you, and you...

xox.
------
I don't know if you even check this section, but I'm publicly repping you for about 5 posts i've seen from you today alone that need rep.

Now hurry up and make 500 posts so I can do it properly.
Impact. Thank you for starting this. I think that I may actually feel verklempt. I had to look it up to make sure, because I've only heard it spoken and have never used it myself, but, yep, verklempt, or, "choked with emotion", is how I feel. In fact, I'm gonna hafta go rock out to something heavy to re-establish my ultra-cool persona and stony exterior--I bet you could recommend something that would blow my head off ;)

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
You've been an excellent addition to the forum, qweerblue.

And now I wish I could rep you for the Homer Dance description!

qweerblue

Registered Member
I have also on a few posts looked to rep Queerblue to find out I can not...

Keep up the good posting! :)

Awwww, thanks, Ilus. I didn't even know what "rep" meant until I saw this thread. I wonder if I have to have 500 posts to rep other people? Anyway, thanks for the kind words--I just read through your thread about the color, animal, water thing, and I was laughing out loud; it was awesome :) Nice that you tangle in the political realm and then have this other playful, fun side, too. Maybe I should try to spread myself out that way too, huh?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Where's the part where people tell me how they decided that he's a girl?
I've known her in real life for 10 years.
------
Awwww, thanks, Ilus. I didn't even know what "rep" meant until I saw this thread. I wonder if I have to have 500 posts to rep other people? Anyway, thanks for the kind words--I just read through your thread about the color, animal, water thing, and I was laughing out loud; it was awesome :) Nice that you tangle in the political realm and then have this other playful, fun side, too. Maybe I should try to spread myself out that way too, huh?
yes <3

Last edited:

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
If she has a basement,

I want to live in it!

qweerblue

Registered Member
Where's the part where people tell me how they decided that he's a girl?
Hey, fractal :) So, here's the thing--truth is, I struggled to choose a gender when registering here at GF, because, well, much to my utter confusion, I was born with girl parts. I never felt like a "girl" and actually believed I was a boy until I was about 4 or 5 years old. So, while my sex is female, my gender is, in fact, masculine, if we are thinking of gender as a socially-constructed system of categorizing behaviors. For example, we typically think of things like short hair, a love of sports, and things like drinking whiskey and mowing the lawn and taking out the garbage as "masculine" things, for the most part (I am not saying I agree with these categorizations; in fact, I think they're pretty ridiculous).

When I was forced into dresses as a kid, it felt so wrong and traumatizing, I cannot even tell you. And I hated playing with dolls and things that girls are supposed to like, but I loved playing football and playing with my GI Joes and climbing trees and skateboarding. Now, as an adult, I wear guy's clothes, all the time, head-to-toe, I wear my hair super short, I love watching basketball, I drink whiskey and beer, I mow the lawn and take out the garbage, and I have only ever had relationships with women ("straight" women, in fact, for the most part, with a few who identify as "bisexual"). While I work from home now, as an editor, for most of my life I worked in factories and have done some pretty serious heavy labor. Again, I'm not saying these things make me a "man", but, according to the ways we frame gender, I am definitely masculine.

And, I was just going to choose masculine for my gender when I registered here, but, to tell the truth, I knew that most people do not separate sex from gender, and so I figured that choosing the masculine gender was going to lead to folks assuming that I was a man. Which, honestly, is fine with me, but it also felt slightly sneaky.

So, I just want to thank you. Because no matter what sex I was born into, I am not a girl, dammit ;) But it's ok if people refer to me as "she", because though I get mistaken for a man, I do not try purposely to pass as one, and, the truth is, my sex is female. But I prefer to be a "he", and I have had such a grin on my face after reading your questions about how people decided that "he's a girl".

Thanks, fractal. I hope you still like me...
------
Bliss. I adore you. I'm walking around now, with that exact same smile on my mug :D

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smelnick Bathroom Wall 13