• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Quotes that stick with you

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What's a quote that has stuck with you forever, whether it's been from someone you know or a movie?

My quote is from a movie called The Lion King

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it."

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Two quotes:

1. 'What are you doing to my beloved Corp?' uttered by the Drill Instructor in Full Metal Jacket, this one is because I often twist it at work, sarcastically when people have made some sort of mess in the shop by saying - 'what are you doing to my beloved store' -

2. "You just don't care!!!!" yelled emphatically by Shiela Broflowski in South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut - I don't know why I remember this so vividly, I think I just found it so perversely funny that I can't let it go. The vehemence of it, the downright wrongness and ignorance in it. Brilliant... - I can apply it to many situations and it always makes me smile.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Oderint, dum metuant.

The translation is, "let them hate, so long as they fear".

-

I suppose oddly enough I'll never forget these words from Caligula. Not exactly sure why but, they hang around.

dDave

V.I.P.
Oderint, dum metuant.

The translation is, "let them hate, so long as they fear".

-

I suppose oddly enough I'll never forget these words from Caligula. Not exactly sure why but, they hang around.
That's a really cool quote.

I guess I can share one that will always stick with me. I can't even remember who said it.

"People may doubt what you say but they will believe what to do."

This really focuses in the whole actions speak louder than words mentality.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard my grandfather say 'as useless as tits on a boar hog' a few times when he was talking about someone that was lazy, wouldn't work or was always in trouble with the law. That stuck with me.

Elanor

Registered Member
"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." is one that has stuck with me. I try to think that everything happens for a reason, and this reminds me of that.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have no idea who said this, but this has definitely stuck with me since I first heard it as a kid.

"if it's yellow, let it mellow"

I don't know, but sometimes I'll be sitting on the shitter, thinking about life, and it echoes through my head like a forgotten memory.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have no idea who said this, but this has definitely stuck with me since I first heard it as a kid.

"if it's yellow, let it mellow"

I don't know, but sometimes I'll be sitting on the shitter, thinking about life, and it echoes through my head like a forgotten memory.
Haha! That's one of the best quotes from Meet the Fockers! If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.