Quotes that Inspire/Motivate You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shwa, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I was watching a lot of movies this past weekend and talking with some friends, thoughout the whole time things were said referring to life and simple situations that made me think and appreciate the sayings. So I took a lot of them to heart and I know they're sayings that can bring a smile back to my face and spirit back into my body when I'm down. I'll share some, but I'd like to know if there are any quotes you guys might know that gets you back on your feet or that you think about soemtimes, if you do please share!

"Cry when you're sad, once the tears are gone...life still goes on as well"
    ~Movie: Hero

~Shwa

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think I read this one on facebook, so I can't say where it came from.

'Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.'

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky

Also a similar quote:

""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott

Basically, you can't live your life avoiding risks because you are afraid of what people might think of you if you fail.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I had this one as my sig a while back too, it's one i've always liked;

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic"

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

This is a long one from Theodore Roosevelt that I have framed in my office, it's called Man in the Arena:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

I would also add IF by Rupyard Kipling
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  6. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

"It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission"
    JFK

7. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

@ CaptainObvious - That's my dad's favorite quote.

-----

"I am nothing. Nothing is perfect. So I am perfect."

And from the movie Independence Day;

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

8. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

A quote that comes from one of my favorite books:

"If you wish to stay alive in the jungle, you must live a the jungle does."

I've lived the majority of my life by those words and it's always helped after passing another anchor point in my career and education.

Another great one I like is: "A good friend helps you move. A great friend helps you move bodies."

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  9. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

A couple from Muhammed Ali that I always liked.

I'm so fast that last night I turned of the light in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.

If they can penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.

If you even dream of beating me you better wake up and apologise.

Another that I read somewhere was this.

I defne fear as standing across the ring from Joe Lewis knowing he wants to go home early.

10. rexertea

rexertea New Member

One quote which comes to my mind when the tide is tough. " if you feel you have it, you have it, if you do not have it, but you feel you have it, you have it. if you have it, but you feel you do not have it, you do not have it".