Quoted Posts?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Twitch, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Is there a way to see if your posts have been quoted? Just so if someone is asking you something about your post, you can respond to it, and not look ignorant or stupid.

I'd also just like to see if people are commenting on my posts, also.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Smick brought it up earlier this year: http://www.generalforum.com/ideas-support/who-quoted-me-mygf-52990.html

Basically this is Hybrix's response:

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Hmm. Seems fair enough.

Thanks for the help.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

If brix would listen to how I explained how to do it, it wouldn't be extensive on the database at all. =P Of course querying the WHOLE database for ALL posts containing quote=Twitch would be consuming. But what about if everytime someone quoted someone, an entry got added to a table named gf_quotes or something, and then when someone clicks the 'who quoted me' link in myGF, it would just query that smaller table for all quotes with the proper userID. Naturally it would only keep track of quotes starting from when such a thing was implemented.

However, like brix has been saying, perhaps the up and coming vBulletin update would have something like this?

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I like the idea of the quote feature, but I don't think it's going to help stupid.