• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Quota's for Cops.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally I don't think there should be quota's. I think all they do is towards the end of the month start handing out ticket's to people they would ordinarily not even stop. If they aren't doing anything fire them but don't make them stop or arrest a certain amount of people each month just for the sake of meeting their quota.

What do you think?

dDave

V.I.P.
I think that realistically there is a certain percentage of the population that is going to break the law while driving. Still, it seems somehow wrong to require cops to give out a certain number of tickets. You may be encouraging the wrong type of behavior if you reward those that do hand out more tickets. What if a cop really doesn't catch as many people breaking the law as others? Does he/she really deserve less pay or to get into trouble for not handing out as many tickets?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it encourages them to write out tickets that might not be deserved. Sometimes I think its the biggest reason for all these road blocks. If someone deserves a ticket sure give it to them but I doubt there will be as many law breaker one month as there is the next.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Quota's are proof that the whole thing is just a big money grab. Why don't they have quota's for arresting murderers? There's such a thing as being a little over the speed limit, but no such thing as killing someone just a little bit.

- Cham