• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Quitting Social Media

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think you could quit using social media?

I still use Facebook on a daily basis, but I don't care for it that much anymore.

I could quit Instagram if I really wanted too, but I do enjoy posting pictures and looking at other people's pictures.

When it comes to Twitter, no way.

I love Twitter too much, I'm pretty addicted to it. I can spend multiple hours reading different tweets, interacting with people or just tweet myself.

How about you guys?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Facebook: No, I've tried. The best I could do was like 4 months. That's where I talk to family a lot and see pictures of my nieces and nephews. As much as I hate it, that'll probably always be part of my daily ritual.

Twitter: I really enjoy it and it's a fun way to kill time while on break or waiting but if I had to quit Twitter, I definitely could.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't think at this point I could. I enjoy Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat all a ton. I go in spurts of being hooked on one over another. I don't tend to get as desperately frustrated with them as some people do, despite politics and crap like that.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Social media is pure digital cancer. I've left Facebook a few times but I always end up back because I have a few friends I stay in touch with through it.

With the recent election, pretty much all social media has become unbearable.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Social media is pretty much my job so no, I couldn't quit it. Are forums still considered social media? :)
That's a good question. Personally, I don't think it is. But, I may be wrong.

@Merc Twitter has been a bit unbearable because of all of the Trump stuff, but it's easy for me to avoid if it I want.

Impaired

Registered Member
I easily could however, I would immediately be pestered by all the family who love the photos I post.

Most of what I use social media for is to share photos with family too far away to see often.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
That's a good question. Personally, I don't think it is. But, I may be wrong.

@Merc Twitter has been a bit unbearable because of all of the Trump stuff, but it's easy for me to avoid if it I want.
I hate Twitter with a passion. It's Facebook, except the stupid is condensed.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I simply avoid the social medias that I'm not interested in. No Snapchat for me and I'm barely on Instagram. But I'm always on Twitter and Facebook is really useful for me and my friends to plan events and stuff so I couldn't really quit it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate Twitter with a passion. It's Facebook, except the stupid is condensed.
Twitter is actually lots of fun. And yes, there are a lot of dense people on it that make you saw "WTF?!" but often times you can avoid those people, or easily mute/block them if they annoy you too much. There's a lot of good on Twitter. It's your fastest source to breaking news.