Question: Jesus dying for all sins

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
If Jesus died for all sins then how come believers of Jesus need to worry about sinning these days?

As I understand it, his dying atoned for all sins of humanity. So if they are all atoned, why worry about sinning?
Though it says in the NT that one should follow certain commandments, why bother if you know already that your [future] sins have been atoned?

It seems paradoxical to me that it tells you to keep certain commandments, yet all your sins have been atoned. What is the purpose then of keeping the commandments?

So far, reading Corinthians has been my favorite part of the bible. This passage applies to your question..

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
Being a Christian, fully having my "spiritual eyes" opened means that I stop doing certain things because of what Jesus did for me.
How could anyone who's been delivered from an eternity in Hell go back to walking the same path that was leading them there in the first place?
For a true Christian, sin is not an option. Will we still do it at times? Of course, but the difference is that we no longer want to. The thought of wallowing in what is wrong becomes unthinkable, we want to be delivered from it. Having my eyes opened to what Jesus did for me by dying on the cross, and then going out and continuing to live as I once did would be tantamount to taking advantage of Him.

Last edited:

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I think Jesus atoned for sins committed until that point of time. It was not a future investment so that men could commit more sins. His sacrifice would lose meaning if people didn't learn from it.

look3467

Registered Member
There are two worlds, the physical and the spiritual.
The Father created the physical world with Adam and Eve of which the process of creation of the free will entity, individuality, came the fall.

By design there was also a need to rescue that which was lost in the design.

Enter: Jesus, in a new creation. This one is a spiritual creation of what was/is/and is to come of the physical creation.

So, what God has done was forgive mankind for the fall in Jesus, giving mankind the right to retain it's individuality, but without the threat of eternal annihilation.

What is left is accountability to self for what deeds we do in the flesh payable only in the flesh.

Thus this verse applies: Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

So, your soul...God saved, but your deeds? Well, they are held against you, due and payable while in the flesh.

For what does the word say about the wages of sin is? Death!

What does THAT MEAN? Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Unless you want harsher consequences, go ahead, sin willingly.

Meaning, at death, you cease to sin, for death took you away from your sins, and Jesus waiting for you.

Blessings, AJ

Wade8813

Registered Member
If Jesus died for all sins then how come believers of Jesus need to worry about sinning these days?
(Depending on which version of Christianity you're talking about) you DON'T need to worry. "Once saved, always saved" is a common cliche.

As I understand it, his dying atoned for all sins of humanity. So if they are all atoned, why worry about sinning?
Though it says in the NT that one should follow certain commandments, why bother if you know already that your [future] sins have been atoned?
You obey because the laws were established for our own good; you obey out of gratitude to God and a desire to please Him.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Having my eyes opened to what Jesus did for me by dying on the cross, and then going out and continuing to live as I once did would be tantamount to taking advantage of Him.
I understand your sentiment regarding sinning, and thank you for sharing your opinion.
Yet you know that even if you do sin (whether you intend to or not) you are still saved, so you have no worries, right?

Wade8813

Registered Member
Am I correct in understanding that good and evil are balanced during our lifetime, and that all is forgiven when we die?
I'm not sure what you mean by good and evil being balanced - do you mean that all people do an equal amount of good and bad in their life? I'm pretty sure nobody thinks Hitler did that much good.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I'm not sure what you mean by good and evil being balanced - do you mean that all people do an equal amount of good and bad in their life? I'm pretty sure nobody thinks Hitler did that much good.

I think Hitler did a lot of good. Even by his evil actions, the good being enlightening the world to the horrific actions that can be ascertained through unrelenting ideological pursuit. The result of Hitler's evil being more than half a century of relative peace, which is good.

Just like to many crucifying Jesus should be considered evil; and from evil comes good.

This raises an interesting question; if Hitler has saved more lives by the prevention of future sins through the action of his living sins. Were his actions a future investment for humanity?