Question for the masses

Discussion in 'Computers' started by hawklen, Jan 6, 2008.

1. hawklen

hawklen Registered Member

Does anyone here do overclocking, or even heard of it?

I do!

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've done it before, but not to the extreme like some people do.

Lately I just prefer leaving things stock and not risking frying anything expensive. :)

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I've heard of it, but somewhat wary of it. At this moment in time, I don't have the resources to buy new components if I fuck something up. Hell, my resources are so low, my gaming rig uses a damned 2.5 GHz Intel Celeron processor and 612 MB of DDR RAM.

Maybe when I start earning more than £6.25 an hour (i.e., when I finally get my ass into the RAF), I'll look into it. But it's more likely I'll just buy a high-end system and stick with that until I need to upgrade.

4. hawklen

*happy dance* Woot. people who've heard of it! Now i wont get blank stares.

I just got a new system. Athlon64 X2 4000+ (2.1ghz) Shoved it to 2.6ghz. If you wanna try it, recommend the Asus boards. (got a Asus M3A)

ok, enough geekiness for now.

5. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

I've heard of it and thought about doing it on my old computer, but it wouldn't have given enough of a boost to really matter IMO.

6. hawklen

Well, if you get some liquid nitrogen cooling, you can really hike the speeds x.x

7. Nevyrmoore

Fuck, that's got to be expensive. Makes it colder than a welsh miner's arse crack, though.

8. hawklen

I take it welsh miner arses get pretty darned cold!

9. Nevyrmoore

It's somewhat colder than a witch's teat.

10. hawklen

daaamn. Witches teats are frickin' cold!. Hmm, maybe get witches teat cooling for the video card, and welsh miner arse crack cooling for the cpu. Could work.