Question for the masses

hawklen

Registered Member
Does anyone here do overclocking, or even heard of it?

I do!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've done it before, but not to the extreme like some people do.

Lately I just prefer leaving things stock and not risking frying anything expensive. :)

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I've heard of it, but somewhat wary of it. At this moment in time, I don't have the resources to buy new components if I fuck something up. Hell, my resources are so low, my gaming rig uses a damned 2.5 GHz Intel Celeron processor and 612 MB of DDR RAM.

Maybe when I start earning more than £6.25 an hour (i.e., when I finally get my ass into the RAF), I'll look into it. But it's more likely I'll just buy a high-end system and stick with that until I need to upgrade.

hawklen

Registered Member
*happy dance* Woot. people who've heard of it! Now i wont get blank stares.

I just got a new system. Athlon64 X2 4000+ (2.1ghz) Shoved it to 2.6ghz. If you wanna try it, recommend the Asus boards. (got a Asus M3A)

ok, enough geekiness for now.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
I've heard of it and thought about doing it on my old computer, but it wouldn't have given enough of a boost to really matter IMO.

hawklen

Registered Member
Well, if you get some liquid nitrogen cooling, you can really hike the speeds x.x

hawklen

Registered Member
daaamn. Witches teats are frickin' cold!. Hmm, maybe get witches teat cooling for the video card, and welsh miner arse crack cooling for the cpu. Could work.