• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question for the ladies

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been having an ongoing discussion with some people I know about whether or not girls care about muscles on a guy. It's time to clear this up once and for all.

Do you take a great personality first and foremost or do you hold out for the best of both worlds? Feel free to elaborate.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm no lady but most of the girls that I hang out with love the muscles on guys, some of them won't admit it, but when they see a buff guy walking on the beach without his shirt on they look and admire at the same time. I'm not saying all girls are like this, but I know a lot of them that are.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
If they're on show, i'm gonna look :lol: But i never care if a guy has a six-pack or not if i'm gonna be dating him.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Honestly? It's all personality for me. I would, just like BR's female friends, admire any mans muscles when he passes me on the beach, but that has zero bearing on my preference to what I look for in a life partner. ZERO!

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm not gonna complain about muscles on a guy, as long as they aren't too big but it's not something i'm bothered about either. If a really nice guy isn't muscular i'm not gonna pass up on the opportunity. Of course there is one muscle that is essential :naughty:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Honestly, it doesn't really bother me either way, and too much muscle is worse than too little muscle. Might sound stupid but it's almost intimidating. We're taking pretty big here though.

It's not something that crosses my mind when compared next to personality, that's for sure. It also depends on what suits the guy.

You won't be able to clear it up once and for all though since every girl doesn't think the same about muscles, lol. I have friends on either side.

I do, however, love good arms. I know lots of other girls who do, as well. No idea why. :lol:

Dabs

Registered Member
Maybe it's my age, considering I'm much older than most here.....when I was younger, I guess muscles were a good thing.
But now, for me..it's the personality, definitely!
I don't think I'd pick a skinny tiny man who looks all frail to be my partner, I would like him to have some meat on him and just be sort of 'average'.
But I'm not into all the buff.
A guy can have a six pack and/or arms of chiseled muscle....... but if he's got the personality of Pee Wee Herman....it ain't happening :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
This depends on the personal preferences of a girl. It's not a black & white answer.
It's like saying some girls like blonde guys and some girls don't.
Personally, I like my man to have some muscles built up but not too much/extreme muscles. On the other hand I don't want him skinny without any muscle left.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
If I see maybe a guy with nice muscles at the beach, yes I will look! lol But there is big difference from to look at a guy for muscles and dating one, it has little to nothing to do with wanting to date a guy for me.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
A guy can have a six pack and/or arms of chiseled muscle....... but if he's got the personality of Pee Wee Herman....it ain't happening :)
I would just like to point out that you've just described an oxymoron. After all, in order to get to the status of "chiseled" it takes quite a bit of dedication. I don't see a Pee Wee Herman type having the right personality to build that kind of muscle in the first place... :lol: