Question for disturbed fans.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Atreyu, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Why do you listen to them, and whats their main appeal to you?

I always thought they where terribly overrated, so i want to see what fans say about them.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

There is nothing to say. Just like I think Atreyu is a whiney emo band, someone will say the same thing about Disturbed. Personally, while I'm on the topic of Atreyu, I'll forever dislike for raping a Bon Jovi classic within 10 seconds of the start of the song (FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!)

To me, they simply have power and David Draiman has a unique voice and a haunting one at that. Some of their songs are similar, but I think they've got more variety than most people pay attention to. Disturbed suffers from being severely hyped which tends to turn people off, no matter what is being hyped whether it's music, games, or movies.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I'm on my third listening of Indestructible and I have to say I don't find them overrated. The vocalist is superb, they have well-driven songs. Particularly with the latest album they've shown they can move beyond just driving metal and do some groove stuff.

They're not the Messiah, but to say they're horribly overrated is disingenuous. These guys have far more talent then say, Godsmack or Bullet For My Valentine.

4. DMAC

DMAC Registered Member

There music has been a bit overplayed the last few months.. but I still like their shit. I lost a little bit of respect for them when I saw an interview with the lead singer in a hotel room and he was laying on the with a pillow under his arms like a 16 year old girl would lay while talking to her boyfriend.