Question for Canadian hockey fans

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Millz, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Just had a quick question....

This might be more specifically directed at either a Leafs fan or a Habs fan. Would you, as a Habs fan, root for the Leafs to win the Cup if they were in the final against an American team? Does Canadian pride take over hatred for the Leafs? And vise versa if youre a Leafs fan would you root for the Canadians.

You'd never see a Red Sox fan rooting for the Yankees but I wasnt sure how it worked iN Canada.

2. canadian24

canadian24 Registered Member

There's no real way of determining that. Im a deep down hockey nut and a die hard Leafer but if the Habs were in the finals say against a market which I feel has NO place for in the NHL like the Ducks I'd be a Habs fan. But at the same time if it came down to the Habs vs Say the Wings then it'd be a simple choice and be an all Wings affair. Another bit of it has a lot to do with what players you think deserve the cup or you would like to see the cup.

For example , Take the province of Newfoundland. I saw a feature once about them and their passion for the Habs. The town from which Cleary is from has a population of a few thousand and a good population of that are Leaf and or Habs fans. So say if the Habs got to the finals against the Wings then the Leafs fans for sure would be going for the Wings but if it was like the Coyotes or Jackets then those Leafers would be changing their shirt for a short time.

3. padd

padd Registered Member

ope I'd never go for the Leafs. The only time I have gone for the Leafs was when the Habs had horrible, and I mean horrible seasons between 1999 and 2001, for a short time sure I was desperate enough to root the Leafs. but that's 1 exception. Bruins are the most hated team though, for me.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I kinda figured it would be that way and that even Canadian pride would take a back seat to the hated Habs or hated Leafs. Its only natural.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would, I am a Leafs fan, but I'm a die hard Habs fan. Personally I would root for the Leafs if they had a chance to win the cup, the only time I wouldn't cheer for them is if they play the Canadiens. But I would never, ever, ever cheer for the Sens, I cannot stand them. I have so much hatred for them.