• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

question about neo-darwinism

pdunderhill

Greetings All, Bjarki hit the nail on the head with an emphasis on random mutatations (Dawkins et al.)
No pre-destination, no divine order, no proof of the other, just us and our humanity.
Peter

PhoenixOverdrive

Registered Member
I'm surprised that I'm unable to find a more contemporary theory of evolution. I'm sure there is one out there, but I just haven't found it despite my search.

What bugs me is that people keep building on Darwin's theories, which are obviously flawed in the sense that natural selection is held as the most prevalent force in furthering evolution. Yet there are hundreds of thousands of species out there that have evolved extremely intricate modes of survival in such specific ways, and so stunningly fast that random evolution simply cannot account for it.

Intelligent design is a load of crap, of course, but I wonder if anyone here can point towards a better set of ideas than Darwinism and Neo-Darwinism. Evolution is by no means random, and we've seen that it doesn't take generations upon generations.

I just want to learn. I feel this is missing from my body of knowledge. Irritatingly so.

PhoenixOverdrive

Registered Member
So while Stumbling idly, I found the answer to my own question.

Here's a link if you're interested.

It's too bad the blogger compares biological evolution with computer software, since it's a terrible basis for his point. The rest is fascinating though.

And also the final nail in the coffin. I'm definitely getting a refund for my archaic schooling. I've practically had to re-educate myself in every field I've had classes on.