• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question about Merging Posts

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hi guys, just a quick question. When you make two posts next to each other and they merge into one, does that thread show up as if there has been a new post? Or does it just look as if it hasn't been updated at all?

Impact

V.I.P.
Yes, that thread will update to show it contains new posts. So it will be bumped on the new and recent posts lists. If you make a post 24 hours after your other post though, it will count as a completely different post and not merge.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Thanks for that! That info will come in handy with my video game review thread. I already have more reviews to post and I didn't want them to merge up.

BigBob

Registered Member
The point of merging is so there isn't double posting, so not wanting them to merge kind of defeats that purpose.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Well, it'd be kind of annoying if a review you post a few days later merged with the review before and messed up the formatting and stuff =P The merging is for people posting rapidly one minute after the next.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah thanks Smel. I wouldn't merge posts all the time, but I will only do it for my reviews if I don't want two of them to merge together. I think it looks more neat and organised if it's one review per post.