Question about English

Wade8813

Registered Member
Hello GF members;
Since i am Egyptian and my native language is arabic, it is difficult to understand or write any thing without using dictionary.
So i want to know if there is any program or any thing that i can do to read, understand and write English very well as my native language?
Thanks very much.
:D :) :D :)
I've heard Rosetta Stone is a good program for learning languages, although I've never used it myself (I also don't know if it's just designed to teach other languages to people who already speak English, or both)

As far as discussions on this forum (or in real life), the main thing is to realize that sometimes you and another person might get into a disagreement just because one or both of you misunderstood the other. So you'll have to be a little more patient and a little more careful.

lol. Estonia looks like it's the poop of Finland.

[strike]You're[/strike]Your [strike]english[/strike]English is pretty good MaaB. If you participate in discussions, and maybe [strike]asks[/strike]ask some specific questions about grammar and stuff, I'm sure you'll do just fine learning [strike]english[/strike]English.
Yeah, unlike yours... :lol:

Last edited:

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
lol. Estonia looks like it's the poop of Finland.

You're english is pretty good MaaB. If you participate in discussions, and maybe asks some specific questions about grammar and stuff, I'm sure you'll do just fine learning english.
But apparently yours isn't very good. :lol: sorry mate I couldn't resist.

Well my suggestion for learning English would be to go through some sort of a good program like Rosetta Stone. Maybe they have something different in Egypt I don't really know.

You could also try and read posts that you see around here and learn English that way. One of the best way to learn a language is to be consistently exposed to it.

musaid

Registered Member

we have not so many from the middle east here and I hope you stay to share with us some of your views and values

i'm from middle east too , from KSA the kingdom of saudi arabia
and its pleasure for me to be here with u all

and about the topic :
I was always interested about this language..Since the primary school
so I started learning English in my school with the school curricula. I liked my first English teacher because he made it interesting. He made us act little plays and each student would take a role in the plays and gradually I started building up vocabulary and confidence speaking the language
and Currently i watch TV and reading English books .. I also listen to Englsih music alot . thats it :)
Sorry for the long reply and thanks alot for reading it till the end :cool:

MaaB

Registered Member
Ilus_Unistus:
I haven't heard about this country before.
I will try to participate in threads As much as possible.
And thanks very much for helping me.

Smelnick:
Thanks very muuch & i hope you don't missunderstand my bad english.

Wade8813:
Thanks very much, i will try this program and when my language be improved you will see the difference.
Do you know that Rosetta Stone is discovered in Egypt?

dDave:
Thanks dDave, I will try to watch English movies without translation.

musaid:
Although i haven't read English books yet & i hate most of songs but i will try
reading English books & listening to English songs.