Question about Blogs

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by AnitaKnapp, Jun 22, 2010.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Is it possible to only make specific ones private, and the rest open for public view?

For instance, I would want to keep personal ones to only people on my friends list, while allowing all members to view/comment on a GF series I am thinking of starting.

Also, I had previously asked about getting notification on comments and such, and discovered that you can get email notifications? Does that option work? Because if I recall correctly, that hadn't been mentioned to me before when I asked.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

When you make your entry, there is an option below to make that specific entry visible only to your contacts. If you don't want anyone else to see it, then publish it as draft and only you can see it, lol.

On that same option section, you can change your blog entry subscription to get notifications. I haven't set it to get emails so I can't say if it works or not.

3. AnitaKnapp

Ok, so what I'll need to do then is change the overall blog settings to allow people to see it, and then only make the specific ones available to contacts?

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yes. That should work. I see some blogs doing it already. It will also be visible to mods (even if they're not on your contacts).

5. AnitaKnapp

All mods or just super mods?

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It used to be super moderators only. I'm trying to get a confirmation from hybrix if all mods can see it now.

7. AnitaKnapp

Thanks Belle <3 This helps me out a lot. it really doesn't make that much of a difference, but I was curious.