question about american football

Heskey

Registered Member
well i can throw the football about 30 yards on my best throw and im 15 years old 110 pounds and 5'6 tall. well i was wondering if this is far for a guy my size and age? what can i do to throw longer? like is doing pull ups on a bar a good practise for the arms? because i dont have any gym to go to.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Throw more. Just practice and work your upper body. Perfect your form and you'll throw farther. Besides, throwing far is not as important as being accurate.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Also, set up targets for yourself and gradually move up to moving targets like franklin suggested. Throwing far is good, throwing accurately is best.

Heskey

Registered Member
thanks for all the help. ill keep on working on precision then. oh and i got one more question. do you think i would be big enough to play quarterback as adult? i mean how much more do you think i'll grow from 5'6 and 110 pounds? because im worried i wont be big enough.

BigBob

Registered Member
Average quarterbacks nowadays are 6'4", 220lbs.

Even Average size for other positions are really high.. Wide Receivers nowadays are getting up to 220lbs.

Don't know how much bigger you're going to grow, so you never know.

Arcadoc

Registered Member
thanks for all the help. ill keep on working on precision then. oh and i got one more question. do you think i would be big enough to play quarterback as adult? i mean how much more do you think i'll grow from 5'6 and 110 pounds? because im worried i wont be big enough.
How tall and heavy is your father? You can probably expect to "normally" grow to approx. his height and weight, give or take a couple inches and a few pounds.
You should definitely try to get into the football program at your school so that you can improve your game knowledge and skills.

Last edited:

Heskey

Registered Member
How tall and heavy is your father? You can probably expect to "normally" grow to approx. his height and weight, give or take a couple inches and a few pounds.
You should definitely try to get into the football program at your school so that you can improve your game knowledge and skills.
my father is 6'3 and 220 pounds, but he said that he was alot bigger than me when he was in my age.

my school doesnt have a football program, im from sweden.