• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Quesion about drug addiction

MaaB

Registered Member
Today, the professor discussed HIV and the mode of infection of the virus.
He told us some thing that i want to be sure of it.
He told us that in some European countries there are centers that give the Drug addicts new syringe to avoid HIV spread.
Also he told us that some of these centers give the addicts the proper injection dose of the drug to be sure that there is no over dose.
I want to be sure if these things already occur.:confused:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Yes this is true. A presenter on a podcast I listen to works in this line of work. I think a lot of people would see it as wrong and something that shouldn't be done but I think as long as they are not actively offering free drugs to anyone who wants them this is a good thing. I am not in support of drugs like Heroin etc but people are going to do it and if people can get emotional and mental support do deal with whatever they are going to and have a safe environment this is a good thing.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've never heard of a clinic helping people to measure the proper amount of a drug, but I know that there are places in the U.S. that do needle exchanges to avoid the spread of HIV/AIDS. That's a good idea IMO, but the help with drugs I'm not so sure about.

MaaB

Registered Member
Yes this is true. A presenter on a podcast I listen to works in this line of work. I think a lot of people would see it as wrong and something that shouldn't be done but I think as long as they are not actively offering free drugs to anyone who wants them this is a good thing. I am not in support of drugs like Heroin etc but people are going to do it and if people can get emotional and mental support do deal with whatever they are going to and have a safe environment this is a good thing.
But these drugs have lot of side effects in addition to the addicts need to increase the dose over time to obtain the same feel of euphoria, so they will show overdose manifestations.
Why the government not try to treat these addicts?:confused:

I've never heard of a clinic helping people to measure the proper amount of a drug, but I know that there are places in the U.S. that do needle exchanges to avoid the spread of HIV/AIDS. That's a good idea IMO, but the help with drugs I'm not so sure about.
Our professor told us that providing the proper dose of the drug occur mainly in Switzerland.

They are really helpful.

Brandon22

Registered Member
There is a clinic in Vancouver BC call insight and they have registered nurses working there and will help addicts shot up so they don't OD.. and there are needle exchanges too so they aren't sharing needles...

yep the nurses help addict shot up with heroin.....yep

MaaB

Registered Member
There is a clinic in Vancouver BC call insight and they have registered nurses working there and will help addicts shot up so they don't OD.. and there are needle exchanges too so they aren't sharing needles...

yep the nurses help addict shot up with heroin.....yep
I think that it is completely wrong to do that.
We should try to treat the addicts immediately so they don't enter in drug tolerance and need to increase the dose which may cause serious and fatal side effects.

Brandon22

Registered Member
I think that it is completely wrong to do that.
We should try to treat the addicts immediately so they don't enter in drug tolerance and need to increase the dose which may cause serious and fatal side effects.
Yep I am not a big fan of it either, but the numbers of ODs in the down town east side, which is with out getting in to great detail is the bad part of town, are down...do I agree with it not really but it seems to be helping people not die so ya..

Dekzper

Registered Member
I can understand not wanting to spread HIV. But I def think it's wrong to help people stay addicted. And it sends a signal that using those drugs is okay. How does that affect kidz in those neighborhoods?