Movies Quentin Taratino

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I lot of people love this guy and i don't see why. I don't thnik is movies are that good. What do you think about him?

2. What exactly dont you like about his movies? That would be nice to know before some of us explain why we do or dont like him.

3. Babe_Ruth

Well I did say that I didnt really like is movies. Like Pulp Fiction I think that movie wasn't good at all. Also I didnt like the Kill Bill, they where really boring.

4. Pulp Fiction was excellent, very well done, and tied in together nicely, didnt he make Resovoir Dogs as well?

5. A.M. Radio

A.M. Radio Guest

I liked Resevoir Dogs and Jackie Brown.

Other then that, his movies are pretentious (to start with) and overrated.

Furthermore, he has a more obnoxious fanbase then even George Lucas. I don't like the fact he is counted as an independent filmmaker when to be independent, your movie needs to be less then fifty percent funded by a studio, and none of his movies met that qualification.

However, thanks to calling him "Independent" the studios commercialized a false brand of independent films instead of allowing people to see real independent films. I can think of three indies that actually got released and shown to the masses. Clerks, Blair Witch Project, and El Mariachi.

So, other then the fact that his films are vastly overrated (I hated kill bill. I can stand pulp fiction, but definitely not Kill Bill. I've seen Martial Arts movies, thank you. YOu don't need to make one that is three hours long and based simply on cliches) I have my political reasons.

6. Babe_Ruth

I agree. I think he's highly overrated. I am not deniying is talents because he's a well known director but I think when people are like OH my God Quentin Taratino is coming out with a new movie, i am like wooo pie why are you overeacting about it.

7. He may be overrated in your opinion, but he is making millions, has a huge fan base, etc. So in most people's books he is not.

8. A.M. Radio

A.M. Radio Guest

Most people like Titanic.

Most people hate Blair Witch Project.

Most people think American Beauty was magnificent.

Titanic sucked, Blair Witch Project was decent, and American Beauty was almost as pathetic as Titanic. While you really can't criticize people's opinions, I sometimes wonder how they can think as they do.

9. Blair Witch Project was horrible, and American Beauty was good.

10. A.M. Radio

A.M. Radio Guest

Well, the point is, you probably can't figure out my opinions on those, as I don't understand how you can like them.

So, with the Tarantino argument, my hatred becomes purely political.