Queen

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering if anyone here liked Queen? I really do they have so many great songs it's unbelievable, Freddie Murcury as such a nice voice. It's a shame he died for aids.

2. Oh, yeah. Queen was the shit hands down. THey always had some great music with Bohemian Rhapsody and Princes of the Universe and so on and so on.

3. Queen is alright I suppose, they have a few good songs, but I've never listend to them on a regular basis.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont listent to them either on a regular basis but when I song comes on then I love it, and they have one of the most popular songs in the world in We are the champions everyone knows that song.

5. Isnt that the gay pride theme as well? I know it was on a Chicago Bulls video too.

6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Queen is pretty awesome. I thoroughly love the song "Don't Stop Me Now" after seing the movie Shaun of the Dead. If you've seen the movie, you'll know what part I'm talking about.

7. Lmao yeah, I completely forgot about that part, I loved that movie as well.

8. wacko

wacko Guest

aye - Queen is/were great - can´t argue with that, and their influence on the generations that followed can´t be discarded either.

personaly, I prefere the later songs they made - many of the lyrics seem to have a hidden meening, that first became apparent when Freddy was diagnosed with aids/hiv.
    I can´t help thinking what hell it must´ve been for him to write these lyrics, knowing he was going to die from that decease.

They´re most certainly going to remain one of my favourite bands.

9. Mech

Mech Guest

I like a couple of their songs, such as "Mama", "Dont Stop Me Now", "Bicycle Race", along with some of their famous songs as "Another One Bites the Dust" and "We are the Champions" Good times with Queen ^.^

10. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Queen is great. Bohemian Rhapsody was the first song of theirs i ever heard and i was hooked. you don't hear much harmony in rock music but they do it best. i hear the new line-up with paul rogers fronting is great but no one could ever replace freddy.