• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Quantity of the Assassin's Creed Franchise

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Odds are, all the gamers here have played at least one Assassin's Creed game. If you are a fan of the series, what are your thoughts on just how many AC games are being released now?

They are being released faster than Marvel films at the moment, which is saying something haha. It's almost getting ridiculous.

Just look at the wikipedia list for how many games are already out/coming out soon. Including their main games and all their side/spin offs.

As gamers we love a lot of content, but can it get to the point where there are just TOO many games. I don't even get excited about the thought of a new AC game anymore, because I know there will probably be another one in just 6 months time, and probably another one a few weeks after that.

So what do you think, is this influx of AC games a good thing, are you still really into the series, or is the sheer amount of new games being released making you a bit tired of it all?

Konshentz

Konshentz
WAY too many. Even if you are a die hard fan, you've gotta be getting just a tad sick of them. I absolutely love the Arkham and Uncharted series and I am always a little sad when I finish the new one... but no way in hell would I want them to just churn them out one after another. That would ruin it.

I did give one of them a chance (Unity, I think), seeing as it came with my XB1... surprisingly I like it. I won't be playing all of them though. I might get one like I get my Madden games. Every 2-3 years.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I just bought assassins creed black flag this time last year. There's already 3 more? holy cow. That does seem way too frequent to me. Call of duty does one game a year which seems about as frequent as a game should release. Technically its every 2-3 years since its multiple companies. Assassins creed needs to slow down.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I actually just found out today, that the latest Assassin's Creed, is FINALLY the first "main" game where you can play as a female or a male lead. I'm very excited about that, but at the same time it's come during a period where so many people are feeling AC burnout, and just not caring about the games anymore. I am excited about playing as a female assassin for once but I just don't have the drive to be excited about a game when there will be like 4 more released the same year.

I think Smel is right when he said once a year is good. Although I feel like even that can be too much when it comes to games sometimes. I think every 2 years fits games better.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It ultimately depends on the game too. Call of duty is just your basic shooter so its not hard to regurgitate it once a year. Assassins Creed is a much more involved and complex game and after beating a full campaign you really need a good recharge lol.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It ultimately depends on the game too. Call of duty is just your basic shooter so its not hard to regurgitate it once a year. Assassins Creed is a much more involved and complex game and after beating a full campaign you really need a good recharge lol.
You actually just bought up another problem with releasing heaps of AC games quickly. They are a very complex game, and they are rushing them out so quickly. The problem with this is that the last few AC games released have been SO buggy on release, that they required sometimes heaps of patches to just function properly.

It's not surprising since they are trying to churn out these extremely large and complex games so quickly. If they actually spent more time on perfecting them and releasing once a year or once every 2 years this wouldn't be an issue.