• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Quality Programs

ianstarboarder

Registered Member
Quality is obviously subjective. What are some shows you feel are quality progamming? Whether you think the acting, writing, directing, cinematography or the message the show provides and feel free to express these qualities in the programs you choose. It can be past or present shows, re-runs or still making new episodes. Did it entertain you? Did it inspire you or create a wealth of emotions? Did it impact society as a whole or you on a personal level. Did it change the entertainment industry? So, either write a simple list of shows you enjoy or discuss a show in depth.
------
I really enjoy The Walking Dead. For a tv show, tye acting and writing are pretty good. Plus it is downright entertaining.

Flight Of The Conchords is a fun show. The first season atleast.

South Park. The animation isn't great. The voice acting, writing, unapologetic humor and satire, current event satire and huge impact on many are all sound.

The Daily Show. It changed the face of news. Ironic that it is more informative than many news programs. I've been watching since it's conception. Writing and talent on show are remarkable.

The Last Airbender. Animation is top notch. Storyline was excellent, especially for something that seems like a kid's show at first glance.

Freaks and Geeks. I first saw this show about a year ago, way after it was no longer on air, in fact most the actors already had moved to high profile movie careers by then. A fairly realistic portrayal of growing up and high school. A very human quality to it. Superb writing and acting (and chemistry between actors).

Arrested Development. One of the smartest quirkiest comedies. Outstanding show.

Last edited:

shadowchild

Registered Member
Quality is obviously subjective. What are some shows you feel are quality progamming? Whether you think the acting, writing, directing, cinematography or the message the show provides and feel free to express these qualities in the programs you choose. It can be past or present shows, re-runs or still making new episodes. Did it entertain you? Did it inspire you or create a wealth of emotions? Did it impact society as a whole or you on a personal level. Did it change the entertainment industry? So, either write a simple list of shows you enjoy or discuss a show in depth.
------
I really enjoy The Walking Dead. For a tv show, tye acting and writing are pretty good. Plus it is downright entertaining.

Flight Of The Conchords is a fun show. The first season atleast.

South Park. The animation isn't great. The voice acting, writing, unapologetic humor and satire, current event satire and huge impact on many are all sound.

The Daily Show. It changed the face of news. Ironic that it is more informative than many news programs. I've been watching since it's conception. Writing and talent on show are remarkable.

The Last Airbender. Animation is top notch. Storyline was excellent, especially for something that seems like a kid's show at first glance.

Freaks and Geeks. I first saw this show about a year ago, way after it was no longer on air, in fact most the actors already had moved to high profile movie careers by then. A fairly realistic portrayal of growing up and high school. A very human quality to it. Superb writing and acting (and chemistry between actors).

Arrested Development. One of the smartest quirkiest comedies. Outstanding show.
The Walking Dead is BOSS! I also enjoyed watching

-Grimm
-Alcatraz
-Alphas
-The Vampire Diaries
-Game of Thrones
-Spartacus
-Breaking Bad

Anime that is worth checking out:

-Darker Than Black
-One Piece
-Black Blood Brothers
-Kanoken
-Hellsing
-Hellsing Ultimate
-Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Black Butler
-High School Of The Dead
-Shiki
-My Bride Is A Mermaid
-Queens Blade
-Rosario + Vampire
-Samurai Girls
-Sekirei
-Corpse Princess
-Naruto
-Naruto Shippuden
-Bleach
-Shakugan No Shana
-Strike Witches
-Demon King Daimao

:cool:

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I thought the sit-com "Sienfeld" was a quality show in the sense that they rarely had serious scenes. That's quality TV for those who are having a hard time in their lives. Non-serious comedies can put a smile on the face of those who deserve some joy.