• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Quality Person

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What quality/trait/attribute/thing makes someone a 'good' person - as in, which of these sorts of things lend to you being 'the best person you can be' in general.

Do you need to be modest?
Is a handlebar moustache the top requirement to making you a super guy?
Do you have to be kind in general?
Do you have to be Jesus' twin?
Do you need to have a clean driving license?
Should you be brainy?
Do you have to help strangers and do charities and the like?

I suspect a number of qualities and traits lumped together go to making someone properly 'good' or whatever. Yet, is there a singular trait like this that is the most important? If so, what do you reckon it is? In your opinion...

Ta V much, scumbags.

EDIT: I don't know how this ended up here. Thought I was posting in general discussion, meh --

Last edited:

redroses

Registered Member
i dont think a moustache will make you a good person, be nice if it was that simple. i think being kind to people is a big factor in becoming a quality person. for me there isnt a single thing that makes someone a quality person its lots of little factors.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
EDIT: I don't know how this ended up here. Thought I was posting in general discussion, meh --
In future just report it and someone will move it for you. :)

I suspect a number of qualities and traits lumped together go to making someone properly 'good' or whatever. Yet, is there a singular trait like this that is the most important? If so, what do you reckon it is? In your opinion...
I'm not sure there is a singular trait which is most important, you know. Maybe the ultimate trait to possess would be something along the lines of bog-standard kindness or genuinity. Nothing like anything on your list, haha. Except for kindness obviously, and possibily modesty.

Perhaps there's a trait which I can't name, which covers all the main bases (kind, helpful, loving, genuine, modest), but I can't put my finger on it. Just wanting to be a good person and do good in the world is maybe it.

Hm, nice question!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There are a lot of characteristics that make someone a good person, but I think the one thing they all have to have in common is unselfishness. Altruism is what makes a good person.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
A good person to me is someone who is good at heart and has good intentions... and the rest comes next. HES, none of what you mentioned belongs to a good person necessarily. For example, you can be brainy but this is not enough to make you a good person.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I like people that are sincere, kind, and inquisiive.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
The ability to treat other people with respect, and to put others needs before their own more often than not. As echoes said, unselfishness basically is what it comes down too. Anyone who wants everything for themselve automatically develops a lot of bad traits.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Well nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. But if you have other people's best interests at heart, treat others well, show them respect and do no deliberate harm then you're a good person to me.

NeoCaesar

Registered Member
There are an infinite combination of traits that make a good person 'good'. I think if we were to look at a single trait then the best would be either Generosity (of spirit not just material) or Forgiveness.

Impact

V.I.P.
Positivity is a good start. Negative people aren't being the best they can be, and if you aren't in a good mental state with yourself, then you can't really be all the other things that are required to make a good person already mentioned.